First 1/4 mile ET with new motor, what's your guess?

-
All that and short-shifting!
Man, I have got to get me a 408!

Nice going!
So where is the 1/8 at now?
I live in Evanston Wy just across the Ut /Wy border. The drag strip is 5miles out of town. Its called "Hypoxia"
The 1/4 mile track is in Utah and is called RMR, Rocky Mountain Raceway.
Well the cam was designed to make as much power down low to take advantage of my low stall(2800 on my 340)and High altitude.
If i go down next week, i'm going to shift at 6500 and see if it will slow it down a tenth.:D Never thought that i would say that!!!

Last edited:
LOL sorry AJ, read your post wrong.
At RMR, my 1/8 time was [email protected] MPH (with a 850 DEMON Carb,DP)
At are 1/8 mile track, my best was a 8.020 (with the choke removed ported 600 Holley DP)
Hoping that i can get a another run in at are local track to see if i can break into the 7s here before mother nature starts Blowing Snow at us.

Last edited:
LOL sorry AJ, read your post wrong.
At RMR, my 1/8 time was [email protected] MPH (with a 850 DEMON Carb,DP)
At are 1/8 mile track, my best was a 8.020 (with a chock removed ported 600 Holley DP)
Hoping that i can get a another run in at are local track to see if i can break into the 7s here before mother nature starts Blowing Snow at us.
The reason I asked,of course is to compare my 367 at 900ft,3650pounds, to your combo.
But more importantly,to me at least, is figure out how our(my) estimates could have been so far off. I/we were working off the 8.0 number, offered in post #1.
Well at 7.6, you are in a different world all right.

Last edited:
The reason I asked,of course is to compare my 367 at 900ft,3650pounds, to your combo.
But more importantly,to me at least, is figure out how our estimates could have been so far off. I/we were working off the 8.0 number, offered in post #1.
Well at 7.6, you are in a different world all right.

Yup 8.0@6600 feet and 8700/8800 foot adj Altitude
compared to 7.6@ 4200 feet and 4600/6000 adj.
Every one told me i need a bigger carb (in another thread) and i disagreed showing how very little vac was created at full throttle/ rpm...........Now i'm hoping i get a chance to find out for sure. I have pulled every trick out i knew, trying to break into the 7XX here at home only to run a 8.02. If i get a 7 i will have to eat some crow for sure.:poke::D

Ohhhhhh, now I see my mistake.
I read your very first post wrong. I missed the 8.0 was at 6600, and also the 8800 adjustment! Well then you are really motoring.
I had it in my head that the 8.0 was at 4200.; I don't know how I missed it. My bad. Yeah so congrats; you are doing a very fine job of whittling!
I just gotta pay more attention when I accidentally get into this forum. See me now hanging my head in shame :( ? hyup, getting older sucks

It's all good! I enjoy all your postings!
yeah, lower altitude,and bigger carb.

-
Back