First and last vehicle produced for 1965 models!

-

65dartcharger

Dart Charger 273 Historian
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to get the idea of when exactly Chrysler stopped production in 1964to change to 1965 production. Also trying to see how long they produced the
65s in 1965.

So therefor I need info from FABO members who has 1964 cars produced as late as possible. Prefer cars after June 15 1964.

For 65s I'm looking for the early cars produced in July/August 1964. The last 65s were produced in late June/early July of 1965. What is your date of production?

If you have cars produced in these periods I would be glad if you guys and gals would help me out in this matter. I need date, month and VIN number in a PM. I will give all you FABO members a updated list of the 1965 production run. All info will be handled confidential.

Any help would be very appriciated. Thanks

Not what I know of! You need to have the fendertag or the broadcast sheet. However you can check the cast date on the engine block. It's located on the right side behind the right engine support. That will give you a date and your car should be assembled about 4 weeks after the cast date.

Vin number tells if the car was produced as a 1965.
The fender tags do have a date code.

My 1964 build date is
SO NUMBER - Shipping Order Number
0123 5368
where "0123" is the scheduled build date :
January 23, 1964

I'm trying to get the idea of when exactly Chrysler stopped production in 1964to change to 1965 production. Also trying to see how long they produced the
65s in 1965.

So therefor I need info from FABO members who has 1964 cars produced as late as possible. Prefer cars after June 15 1964.

For 65s I'm looking for the early cars produced in July/August 1964. The last 65s were produced in late June/early July of 1965. What is your date of production?

If you have cars produced in these periods I would be glad if you guys and gals would help me out in this matter. I need date, month and VIN number in a PM. I will give all you FABO members a updated list of the 1965 production run. All info will be handled confidential.

Any help would be very appriciated. Thanks

Not what I know of! You need to have the fendertag or the broadcast sheet. However you can check the cast date on the engine block. It's located on the right side behind the right engine support. That will give you a date and your car should be assembled about 4 weeks after the cast date.

That counts me out, it's not the original engine. :angry7:

Hi Ulf,

I have no broadcast sheet, nor fender tag. Is there a way to tell the build date from just the VIN?
You can kinda get an idea by the VIN sequence number. The closer it is to 100000, the earlier the build date depending on assembly plant. Some plants started at 500000.
I have a real early '66 (#499) that has a build date of 8/17/65 so there won't be any '65's after a week before that date.
Thanks, Mark

Hi Ulf - I parted out a 65 Dart GT originally equipped with the 273/235 motor, a 4 speed, radio, factory AC and nothing else. Build date was 7/23/65 and VIN was L452736669. I suspect it might have been one of the last 65s made.

As you know my 65 GT 'vert is a 4/02/65 car.

My 65 GTs so number is 0702. So that puts it at July 2nd 1965.

Rockerdude! You car is the latest so far! I hope that there are more Abody owners out there that might be willing to help me with this matter.

Lol. Also, mines pretty much a Dart Charger minus the 273-4 barrel. It was originally yellow with the black interior.

-
Back