First car show/swapmeet score of the year!!!!

-

varlo

Joe- Long Island, Oakdale
Reaction score
Well today me the old man, little bro, and local car guys went to the first local car show of the year. Luckily it was in the next town over to where I live. It was cold but PACKED. With such a long winter everyone was itching to get out of the house and go do something. We slowly made our rounds around the swap meet. We were heading back to the car to head home and my little brother stopped me and showed me a package that said "72 Challenger" It was wrapped up and thought it was a go wing at first. But then after inspecting it and talking to the seller he said it was a BRAND NEW BUMPER. I asked him how much and he told me 50 bucks! I couldn't get the money out fast enough. So now we were talking a little and then I asked him if they had any mopar stuff. Since 95% of the swap meet was ford and GM I didn't think they would have anything else. Well luckily I was wrong. He tells me that he has a brand new carpet for my challenger as well. He wanted 50 bucks for that to! I haggled with him and settled on a price of 40 dollars for the brand new carpet to go with the bumper. Needless to say I think I scored big. Couldnt go wrong with the bumper I just wish he had the front to go along with it but I will take what I can get. So for less than a hundred bucks I got a brand new bumper/ brand new carpet/and a few rolls of different sized braided line that Im sure I can find some use for it. I love swapmeets and love finding the deals! They are still out there you just have to look a little harder.

Attachments

• php8SZ82vPM.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 315
  • phpid28TUPM.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 310
  • phpoX5dMXPM.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 307
  • phptuL95EPM.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 308
Challenger??? That looks like an Oldsmobile to me. And that's not how you mount a bumper! Unless I'm really confused! :toothy8:

Challenger??? That looks like an Oldsmobile to me. And that's not how you mount a bumper! Unless I'm really confused! :toothy8:

Lol yea thats my moms car. Old man bought it for her last year at E-town. Its been her dream car, shes had a cutless supreme when she was my age and has wanted one since. Its not a mopar but its my mom so its alright.

Damn nice score! I'm assuming its the same bumper and carpet for a 70 barracuda? Had i been there earlier i would have been buying those for my moms car! best thing i saw was a thermoqaud but i came late and most people had left. I cant wait for the next show though I just wish it was above 40! I am going to show up way earlier next show. congrats on your steal!

Lol yea thats my moms car. Old man bought it for her last year at E-town. Its been her dream car, shes had a cutless supreme when she was my age and has wanted one since. Its not a mopar but its my mom so its alright.

You better get that bumper off it before she skins your head.

Dont knock the cutlass. I had a 71 supreme in HS and a 70 S the first year or two of college. I have a 72 supreme now thats up for sale. The only reason its for sale is trying to work on the 70 satellite and the 67 chevelle. The first show of the year is always great. It gets you geared up to finish so you can drive. Im going to the charlotte autofair a week from thursday. anybody else?

-
Back