first purchase from classic industries

-

el5dart

Reaction score
is it ok to get on here and rant about my first $1000.00 purchase from classic industries? any body else had negative experiences from that company?

You will have good and bad experiences with all the venders. Over all my experience with Classic Industries is been good. the products of course are repo and made in China.

Like all vendors out there, they're out to make money and I can imagine that their cost of sales is pretty high. Consider the inventory it takes to service all those years,makes and models, phone support, web maintenance and that catalog!
My luck has been pretty good with them, but I've only bought small things, choosing to find "original equipment" when possible.

Soo, what did you spend a grand on and what's your beef?

I've bought from them numerous times over the years, zero issues with any of my orders.

Spent lots of money over the years with them. My only complaint is the Chinese “quality “ is suspect sometimes

I've bought 2 sets of legendary seat covers from them while they were having a 20% off sale.

No issues and each purchase was about $1000.

did you talk to them yet? see if they'll make it right

is it ok to get on here and rant about my first $1000.00 purchase from classic industries?

Rant away; pictures are always good.

Personally, I've placed several orders with Classic, never any problems. Just returned an item last week because it didn't fit (catalogue listing ambiguous at best) but they sent me a R/A and shipping label as soon as I talked to them.

im converting my dash to a rally dash. I thought id like it to look nice so I purchased a rally dash bezel with a/c and a new dash pad on april 25th. it took 2 weeks to get here. when I opened the bezel, the turn signal holes were oval shaped. looked like slag from the injection molding process that wasn't cleaned up before chroming. and the woodgrain was not applied correctly above the gauges. it was distorted and peeling. among those were many more flaws. I called them to explain and they told me they would send a shipping label to return. i never got the shipping label.

I opened the dash pad and the mounting studs were crooked and dislocated so it wouldn't even line up with the dash frame holes. the finished edges were very wavy also. the grain wasn't close to original also. I could have lived with that though. when I called back to tell them I needed to send the dash pad back also I said I never got the first shipping label. they told me disregard that one and they would send two more.

finally I got the second batch of labels and shipped the stuff back. they said it would take a couple of days to pull more parts and see if they were flawed like the ones they originally sent me so it wouldn't happen again. well they just called me a minute ago and told me all their stock of those bezels and dashpads are all flawed in the same way. so they offered me a refund. I should get it back in a week or so. here it is 38 days later I have no parts and none of my money back. I think they did me right by giving a refund and they're just selling cheap Chinese junk with no quality control. needless to say im pretty frustrated and have no idea where to get good parts. I probably wont be making any more purchases from them in the future. I just hope the tach and tripometer knob I bought are good. I haven't tried those yet. not even an im sorry. just youll get your money back eventually and click. that was it.

it seems that anything ive bought with the "authentic mopar restoration" logo on it has been Chinese garbage. I got a door hinge set from summit (AMD) that was pretty shoddy quality. the drilled holes were blown out and not deburred. looks like they should have changed the drill out months ago. and they had bushings in them. I bought new hinges because I didn't want bushings. I could have put new pins and bushings in my originals for 10 bucks if that's what I wanted. I spent 300 and got worse quality. I should have just fixed my originals.

I guess the moral of this story is just use all of my original parts and live with the aged look. everything out there is Chinese junk. I don't know how nice my restoration project is going to turn out now. and I don't know if I should buy aftermarket parts. I saw on pg classics website they use their own molds. but are charging 750 bucks for a bezel and 420 for a dash pad. that's a lot more than classic industries. has anybody received good parts from them? or does anybody think id be better off getting my original stuff restored from say "just dashes" or something? any sense of direction would be very helpful. my project is pretty much dead in the water for now I guess.

I ordered the wood grain from pg classic for my rally dash. They fit nice, would order from them again in a heartbeat.

I've had good luck with Classic. Now I had a big problem with P&G Classic Restoration. I bought a complete set of Dash bezels for my 69 Dart years ago that were absolutely horrible. ZERO customer concern. I finally sent them back with a note saying, "If you are happy with the way these look,keep them." When you pay with American Express you always have recourse.Contest the payment and they hold funds from them till they conduct an investigation. They finally sent me a set that was much better.

My experience with P & G is a wood grain steering wheel. I got one form Classic and it was Chinese. The horn ring was grounded to the hub, so the horn blew as soon as it steering wheel was mounted to the shaft.
So I contacted P & G and they told me that theirs's were better, so I ordered one. It came and I tested it to see if the horn ring was grounded to the hub. It was, in fact it was the same Chinese part as Classic. I called them and told them that I tested the wheel and it was faulty. They took it back and gave me my money, the lost was the shipping cost.
I guess the moral of these stories is you get the same parts from all the venders and the experience if good or bad in a given time. You will have to decide what you really want to do, and how much money you want to spend.

This it the effect of the new "global sourcing" policy our country is heading towards! I have a plastic injection mold business and you came to the right place if you want to hear bitching about it!

I've came to the realization that it's not the Chinese people that are "pi$$ing in our Cheerios", it's some American fat cat that's RAPING us, exporting our jobs...skilled, high paying jobs, exploiting the Chinese people and laughing all the way to the bank...while lining the pockets of whatever senator, or Congressmen they needs to.

I literally cannot buy the steel for the price China can deliver a mold for. Would you believe that the Chinese people get overtime, workmens comp, holidays, vacations, insurance, un-employment. How about "safe working conditions", proper hazardous waste removal?

I DO IT!
The Chinese people are being exploited.......and our government allows it because someone that already has money is going to make more of it...and payoff government officials along the way! China is to far away for us to view easily......Perhaps they should have considered a China location, before choosing to export our "water-boarding" to Cuba.

Long way around the block, but that's why your dash sucks, I wish I had an answer instead of gripes.

I've bought 2 sets of legendary seat covers from them while they were having a 20% off sale.

No issues and each purchase was about $1000.
I kept sending them inquirys about who their seat cover supplier was, never got an answer. Well they are legenday, thats a good thing. I guess i finally found out. Classics dash pad i bought fit decent. I got it about 4 years ago. As far as door hinges go, i bought factory ram van lower hinges out of the junkyard and installed new dorman bushings on them, drilled out the forward threaded mount hole of the vans hinges w a 3/4" stepdrill on a drill press. Instant A body hinge. Used 1 dorman A body kit to do both uppers. Shorten the longer pin to length of the shorter pin. And use bushings for both uppers.

Had some issues with the repop dash bezels i bought. Cant remember where i got them from. I made em work well because its what i had. Some of this repop stuff is bound to have issues. For the prices it should be perfect though

Last edited:
I just redo my old parts best I can and call it a driver

Buddy does body/resto work back home in Mo. I said he was doing sheetmetal on a early Stang, it was off 1/4 to 1/2 inch all over. That can mean splitting the quarter panel or fender, widening or shortening it, and rewelding making it work! Should not ever be that way!
If you have to buy sheetmetal, anyone is better off paying more and getting the best available.. And we know these companies like Classic , Year One, are simply suppliers. They are only as good as their company, and employees.

I have generally had good experiences with Classic Industries, and I have bought a ton of stuff from them. You just have to accept up front the "Chinese quality" stuff if you are not restoring original parts. Their customer service has always been pretty helpful as well. My only gripe (a common gripe for a lot of people) is the crazy high shipping rates that they charge. But I guess that comes with the territory too.

they absolutely gouge on shipping and insurance unless you have a free shipping code then they gouge you on insurance, Only place i ever ordered from where i had to pay for insurance.

i went through this when i built my prostreet 93 stepside. it seemed like every part i bought needed modification that wasnt a factory part. i dont think i can handle all of it again.

Classic does a MUCH better job of identifying their suppliers than Year One.

In fact, I believe all their Legendary interior stuff is clearly identified as Legendary.
At least it was the last time I ordered.

I work near their showroom in Huntington Beach ca and pop in there for parts when needed. I have always had good luck with their stuff but can see where some injection parts like what you bought might have a problem like that when they are repops. My thoughts are #1. at least there is a repop available! and #2 at least they were cool about a refund, worse businesses would probably say too bad so sad.

Seeing the scale of their operation in person, the amount of parts they stock in that giant warehouse (and I'm sure its not their only one), gives me an appreciation for that availability. Not just from them but from all the vendors who make mopar stuff.

I have a restoration shop & work on all makes & models. Have had both good & bad results from Classic Industries. Bought replacement gauges (temp, fuel, amp) for a 69 Road Runner. I was boxed wrong (got 2 temp gauges), but they DID expedite a replacement, which was the right thing to do.
Both the temp & fuel gauge (bought their temp & fuel senders also) were not calibrated properly & I had to shift them using resistors to get proper readings.
At $90 per gauge I was expecting them to be of higher quality. I think they need a better QC department to track & correct these issues BEFORE we have to!

-
Back