-

1969GTS

Reaction score
Well,

I got a temporary license yesterday and had the 2 1/2" duel exhausts
built with cut outs just after the headers. Open headers are six
wing nuts away when its race day. I took the dart out for a 45 minute
rip and wow! as long as you don't open it right up off the line
its goes like hell otherwise you buy shares in M/T tires. Hitting second gear at 6500 Rpm is dodgy as she wants to jump into the next lane. Its got a nice lumpy idle and a deep throaty sound. When I opened it up my wife heard it
about half a mile away. The only bad part of the day was the oil leak I
found under the front of the new RPM air gap intake! Not enough
silicone! Oh well, I guess I'll reseal the intake again. A buddy of mine suggested this product called the right stuff but it sounds too permanent and I think I'll just pull the intake. I had a blast though and my jaw is soar from the perm smile I had. Its still in primer and looks nothing like it performs as some but head in a supra learned. I didn't really race him just gave him a rude awakening when he tried to blow by me. I guess the younger generation looks for garbage can size exhaust tips and not chrome 340 callouts on the hood. He had puzzled look while he tried to figure out how that old boats tail lights faded to black so fast.

Dave

right on, its all worth right cant waite to stand on my dart.Any pics of your car,may of seen it.I bet you were shaking a tad from the rush of the power that mighty mopar has.keeper her stright.

There's nothing like an A body with smoking tires and flaming exhaust choking the opposition.

right on, its all worth right cant waite to stand on my dart.Any pics of your car,may of seen it.I bet you were shaking a tad from the rush of the power that mighty mopar has.keeper her stright.

It was a bit tense for sure. The last muscle car I had was in 1990. I had to sell my B5 blue 1969 340 4 spd swinger to go to college. It sure brought back some of the scares I had when I was too young to be driving a car with that kind of power. I'm sure you seen it but here is a pic.

IMG_1029.jpg

IMG_1027.jpg

Nice lookin' Dart. What a rush when you nail it for the first time and you've got more power than the tires can handle. I have used Mopar silicone in a tube. It is black colored and seems better than other brands I've tried. I sealed a Streetmaster intake in my tool truck (454 Chevy, motor home chassis) and the Mopar silicone end seals never did leak. I think I had 185,000 miles on that motor when I traded for a diesel. Have fun, toolman

AWESOME....i am taking my new 451 stroker pwered duster for the first rip tonight. The last motor i had in her was a mild 360....this should scare the **** out of me a bit!!

sounds a lot of fun. what set up ru running. hoping to run on the first strip in northern ireland this weekend (weather permitting). i've a 340 manual with standard gears. quickest et 14.2 but i wasn't driving.

Right Stuff is black silicone sealant in a convenient dispenser...not exotic

cool Dart!

sounds a lot of fun. what set up ru running. hoping to run on the first strip in northern ireland this weekend (weather permitting). i've a 340 manual with standard gears. quickest et 14.2 but i wasn't driving.

340 cid, 509 purple shaft, X heads, Air gap RPM, 750 demon. 727 with manual valve body, 3500 stall, kevlar bands and a 391:1 posi

That had to be a great feeling!! Congratulations on the maiden voyage.
Give me about one year and I will be having a great 60 foot time out of Victoria powered by a 170/ and a new 8 3/4 rear end in her.
It has been a long time for me too.

-
Back