First Show with My Restored Car!

-
It's not all about trophies, though it is to some. What I enjoy most about car cars is when people can relate to your car, with their experiences. I remember those cars, I had one, wish I had one, my friend had one, ect. It's all about the stories.

I absoutely agree!!
Bench racing, problems, driving experiences, mods, etc..
Love it all!

I could care less about trophies, what's original, what's not. Its all about the experience!!

Cheers!

You're right Chris. Yeah the memories of the old cars are great. I'm 74 and still remember my first car. A 63 fury with a poly 318 and push button auto. It ran to spite me. Yours's is fantastic. What under the hood?

It's not all about trophies, though it is to some. What I enjoy most about car cars is when people can relate to your car, with their experiences. I remember those cars, I had one, wish I had one, my friend had one, ect. It's all about the stories.
I agree! To me my car tells a story, and now I’m writing new chapters in that story with every turn of the key!

You're right Chris. Yeah the memories of the old cars are great. I'm 74 and still remember my first car. A 63 fury with a poly 318 and push button auto. It ran to spite me. Yours's is fantastic. What under the hood?

Just a 360. Hehe
CBEF1C41-8230-448B-BEC6-C924B4F2E90A.jpeg
61CEBFB6-A817-47A9-B6E0-4957A3799353.jpeg

You did it yourself? Wish I had that king od skill. I'm jealous. Lol. Your opinion. How do think one like that would look on my 68 Dart?

You did it yourself? Wish I had that king od skill. I'm jealous. Lol. Your opinion. How do think one like that would look on my 68 Dart?
I think it would look great! The nice thing about it is once it’s installed your factory fuel neck will slide right in and into the fuel tank and you can use your original gas cap!

:rofl:

It’s a real good lookin ride. Where was the show?
I’ll be in your area on Tuesday for the launch. I’ll have out of staters with me. It’ll be there first launch.

I think it would look great! The nice thing about it is once it’s installed your factory fuel neck will slide right in and into the fuel tank and you can use your original gas cap!
So it's the inner cap that seals at the fuel neck and not the outer cap? Maybe sense the fuel door was cut out of a car, you could also get the fuel tube and cut of the top and braze it into the original fuel tube. That way the fuel door will seat without the inner cap.

Thanks Chris. It will be in the further but will let you know when it happens. Keep up your great job on the car.

So it's the inner cap that seals at the fuel neck and not the outer cap? Maybe sense the fuel door was cut out of a car, you could also get the fuel tube and cut of the top and braze it into the original fuel tube. That way the fuel door will seat without the inner cap.
The outer door doesn't seal; you still need a gas cap on the inside. The challenger’s factory fuel neck is plastic so welding isn’t an option. If you put the door exactly where the old one was your original fuel neck will literally slide right in through a rubber grommet and into your tank. SUPER EASY!

-
Back