First time A Body guy saying howdy

-

FoothillTom

Reaction score
Howdy gents.

I've temporarily got custody of my brother's 1965 Cuda. I'm sort of the gear head in the family and I've offered to get this old girl up and running so that he can sell it. I've never wrenched on a Mopar but have some experience in 60's Mustangs, Firebirds, and Camaros (pausing for hissing).

I've got just one crappy picture so far that I'll try to post here.
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/...lbums/5704277891587505905/5704277895152643506

In the meantime:

* Hello to all
* Hoping to identify a Carter O-1676 2bbl carb to locate a gasket/rebuild kit
* Need to find good sources for repops, particularly a battery tray

If anybody has suggestions or recommendations, I'm all ears.

Best,
Tom[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• RightSide.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 102
  • LeftSide.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 31
That is absolutely the carb. Nice. I'll go check out the link you provided to get a rebuild kit. I wasn't having any luck communicating with my local auto parts store with that part number. They wanted something that began with a "2". Must be a cross-reference issue.

Thanks for the super-quick response. I'll post my "other questions" separately, but thanks for the pointer RE the carb.

Tom

Ehhhhh, no problem there Tom, no problem. I do think you'll get a lot of help here. The membership is a preeeety good bunch. I think you'll not have a problem getting that car back up it's feet and running around. It looked nice.

Should ya run into any problems wrenching on the MoPar, as I am sure your going to be left scratching your head on a few differences from a Ford or a Chevy, just ask, we'll set ya straight.

Whooohooo, another early a cuda guy! Welcome!

Attachments

• P9057997.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 146
Hey Eric, how did you make the photo show up? The site complained about the size when I tried to include it originally. Did you shrink it somehow?

Just want to know for future reference when I start taking a million pictures of this old gal.

Tom

I use the microsoft picture resizer down to a 600 X 400 IIRC size. Whatever works for ya!

Hey Eric, how did you make the photo show up? The site complained about the size when I tried to include it originally. Did you shrink it somehow?

Just want to know for future reference when I start taking a million pictures of this old gal.

Tom
I use photoshop 840x630 is a good size for most on these boards. I have to all the time due to the fact that I have a 14 megapixel camera that I take large pictures with. I keep the originals the monster size and resize the ones I want to post. Yours was an attachment that was resized to the forum's limit.

Welcome from Texas. Just temporary custody, I say buy the old girl, get her running, & enjoy her. I think you will really enjoy the cuda versus the other brands. Just my .02.

Bill S.

Hey Tom, welcome aboard from just another one of the 'gents' around here. :-D Make yourself at home and don't be shy with the questions / car ****.

Welcome from Texas. Just temporary custody, I say buy the old girl, get her running, & enjoy her.

Hmmmm....the thought has crossed my mind now that it's sitting here in my garage. I wasn't too keen on the "look" at first, but she's growing on me.

The Bro is looking to get $8K and I truly have no idea if that's in the ballpark in today's soft market. It's not the original 273, but everything else is and the interior is pristine and the body appears to be free of rust (I've pretty much climbed all over it but haven't pulled up the carpet).

I didn't want to insult my kin by offering something less. As you can see from my garage pic, I'm knee (nay, neck) deep in my 69 Fbird restoration but this has provided a pretty cool distraction.

The plan was to get 'er running (she sat in his driveway for 10 years!) and safe, then put it up on eBay or something of the like. But if you folks thought $8k sounded ballpark (I realize there are lots of variables you couldn't possibly know yet), I would consider it.

Thanks for all the welcomes! It's good to be here.
Tom

Welcome to FABO FootHillTom!

You will enjoy this site - There are lots of great people and information

Enjoy the site!

Ma Snart

My 67 Cuda for your viewing pleasure - more pictures in my gallery of all my Mopars

Attachments

• B3 Wheelie Final.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 114
Welcome to the greatest car site in the world. :cheers:

-
Back