FiTech 1200 PA system added

-

Coyote Jack

Member #55, I'm old
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I finally managed to get my 1200 PA system up and running. I was delayed for a while due to a hip replacement. After a few growing pains I am real pleased with how it works. I now have about 30 miles on it and it has worked without a hiccup for the most part. Much better than the twin 600 Holleys I had. My biggest problem was I had my linkages moving to fast and it made it very touchy to drive. I slowed down the opening rate by adjusting the linkages and now it is a joy to drive. My setup is a 72 Demon, 340 with a 6-71 blower. I am controlling my timing with the MSD 6AL for now. I may use the timing control of the 1200 PA after I get used to it. I used an inline Walbro 392 fuel pump and it seems to do the trick, I ran a return line back to the top of the tank. I still have to learn how to tune it but for now I am real happy.

Jack

RUNNING001.JPG

RUNNING002.JPG

RUNNING003.JPG

RUNNING004.JPG

I finally managed to get my 1200 PA system up and running. I was delayed for a while due to a hip replacement. After a few growing pains I am real pleased with how it works. I now have about 30 miles on it and it has worked without a hiccup for the most part. Much better than the twin 600 Holleys I had. My biggest problem was I had my linkages moving to fast and it made it very touchy to drive. I slowed down the opening rate by adjusting the linkages and now it is a joy to drive. My setup is a 72 Demon, 340 with a 6-71 blower. I am controlling my timing with the MSD 6AL for now. I may use the timing control of the 1200 PA after I get used to it. I used an inline Walbro 392 fuel pump and it seems to do the trick, I ran a return line back to the top of the tank. I still have to learn how to tune it but for now I am real happy.

Jack

View attachment 1715187913

View attachment 1715187914

View attachment 1715187915

View attachment 1715187916

kICK A$$ CAR. Return lines should be in the gas level, to avoid aeration. May or may not plague u tho.

Love it. I'm glad it's working out since I'm hoping to fire the same system up this fall. What size of fuel line for supply and return did you go with? You were running a meth injection for a time correct?

Love it. I'm glad it's working out since I'm hoping to fire the same system up this fall. What size of fuel line for supply and return did you go with? You were running a meth injection for a time correct?

I use a 3/8 ths fuel line and return. Seems to work fine but I don't race it so I am never at WOT for to long. I do have Meth injection but I only have it hooked up when I put the go fast pulleys on that give me 10+ lbs of boost. My usual boost is 6 to 7 lbs. I am going to learn more about tuning this EFI before I get into the meth injection again.

Jack

Hey Jack, after 2 years I'm close to finally getting my 360 running with a 6v71 fitech setup. May fire on the long weekend for the first time. Was curious what you found for initial timing with the setup?

Hey Jack, after 2 years I'm close to finally getting my 360 running with a 6v71 fitech setup. May fire on the long weekend for the first time. Was curious what you found for initial timing with the setup?

At 6-7 lbs of boost I am running 31 degrees of timing. I have it locked so it is 31 degrees all the time. I started out at 28 degrees and moved it one degree at a time to where it is now. I am not sure I want to push it any farther.

Jack

Great to know. Gives me a good starting point. Did you end up running a colder spark plug? I'm finding some conflicting information on need and also on extended tip electrode.

Thanks

Don't take this as gospel because I can't remember for sure but I think I ran a plug that was 2 numbers colder than a stock plug. It's pouring rain here today so I am not going out to check.lol

Jack

sounds perfect. for initial startup and break in i have a NGK that is 1 colder ill run to see how they look. only running 3 psi for break in.

-
Back