FiTech EFI system

-
Here are some pics. Not much to the install. Tell me what you want to see and I will take a pic. Also, any questions ask away. I will try and answer.

Attachments

• IMG_20150725_164314465.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 2,623
  • IMG_20150725_164246652.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 2,214
  • IMG_20150725_164255920.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 2,244
  • IMG_20150725_164236041.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 2,266
  • IMG_20150726_205410260.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 2,191
Hey there. That's awesome that you picked one up already. How did it effect not only the startup, idle, etc but actual power. Did you feel any improvement? Also what carb did you run prior?

Hey there. That's awesome that you picked one up already. How did it effect not only the startup, idle, etc but actual power. Did you feel any improvement? Also what carb did you run prior?

I was running a 830 Holley converted to e85. The startup is quick and idle stays where it is set.
Power is the same right now but it is also still learning as I haven't driven it a lot, so it may get better, I hope. I am still adjusting a few things so it's not perfect yet.

Got it. I am planning on picking this kit up in the spring but I'm hoping for some power improvements as well. Currently running an 850 thermoquad which runs really strong right now. 1/4 mile comparisons will tell.

How is the off idle acceleration/throttle response?

I was running a 830 Holley converted to e85. The startup is quick and idle stays where it is set.
Power is the same right now but it is also still learning as I haven't driven it a lot, so it may get better, I hope. I am still adjusting a few things so it's not perfect yet.

Cool-we also want to know if there was any delta to the mileage...if you've logged enough miles to tell a difference...although, it looks like your build has little to nothing in regards to concern with mileage...

Cool-we also want to know if there was any delta to the mileage...if you've logged enough miles to tell a difference...although, it looks like your build has little to nothing in regards to concern with mileage...

Well that is about right. But I do know what the mileage was with the carb, so I will see what it is now. Hopefully better.

Got it. I am planning on picking this kit up in the spring but I'm hoping for some power improvements as well. Currently running an 850 thermoquad which runs really strong right now. 1/4 mile comparisons will tell.

How is the off idle acceleration/throttle response?

The throttle response is great, no bog or hesitation. Just goes.

The throttle response is great, no bog or hesitation. Just goes.

Awesome...more reasons to go efi. Are you planning on keeping some log or or maybe updating this thread with your findings and maybe how you tuned for your particular app?

I just got off the phone with a tech ( although he inferred he was the owner) concerning using this system on a slant 6. He stated this set-up has been used with motors generating only around 150 HP and with a slant with a 4 barrel intake, it should work OK. Since the slant going in my wagon will not be stock, this should work very well with my Dutra Hyperpack.

Wireweld any more updates on this efi? I am liking the ease of engine operation but I would like to see a true performance comparison. 1/4 mile would probably be the best test. Any plans of doing so?

Subscribed with a bump... I'm about to pull my existing ECM (GM-based TPI from Affordable) and replace it with SOMETHING that self-tunes. Between kids and life, I just don't have the tinker time any more, and I've got to get my Valiant back on the road soon. I really only need the ECM and harness, the rest of my system works.

:happy1:

Clair

Subscribed with a bump... I'm about to pull my existing ECM (GM-based TPI from Affordable) and replace it with SOMETHING that self-tunes. Between kids and life, I just don't have the tinker time any more, and I've got to get my Valiant back on the road soon. I really only need the ECM and harness, the rest of my system works.

:happy1:

Clair

I would think you are prime suspect for a Megasquirt. I forget their "latest software" but it "self learns"

Interesting system. It says it is ready for boost as well with a built in 2.5 Bar sensor. I was going to go carb and do the switch to e85. This may be the ticket to do this and throw on a Procharger as well. My fuel system and engine were built for boost. I am going to call them and see about what they would recommend for my set up and do some more research.

Interesting system. It says it is ready for boost as well with a built in 2.5 Bar sensor. I was going to go carb and do the switch to e85. This may be the ticket to do this and throw on a Procharger as well. My fuel system and engine were built for boost. I am going to call them and see about what they would recommend for my set up and do some more research.

What head unit, D1 or F1?

This system,looks interesting... Wonder about the parts/ecm /possible software upgrades-replacement parts? That's a damn nice price,if it turns out to be reliable.

What head unit, D1 or F1?

I don't know just yet. I was looking at their charts F1 or F1-A. They seem to be under rated at the boost levels they are talking about unless they are hokey efficient. 38 PSI on my engine would make 1600HP if the intake air temps were cool enough. Lol

For sure I will do more research before I pull the trigger on anything like I always do.

Here are some pics. Not much to the install. Tell me what you want to see and I will take a pic. Also, any questions ask away. I will try and answer.

So you bought the 1200hp unit? Probably best incase you upgrade at some point.

Did you already have a fuel system to support it or did you need to upgrade that as well?

What CI is your engine. Any details?

I just bought the 1200hp system single throttle body. My fuel system is ready to go. No upgrade needed.

Will let you all know how it pans out.

So you bought the 1200hp unit? Probably best incase you upgrade at some point.

Did you already have a fuel system to support it or did you need to upgrade that as well?

What CI is your engine. Any details?

I got the 1200 hp unit because I am running e85 on a 416 sb, that Mike at MRL built. It dynoed at 650 but the system was an accel and the engine never did right run with the Accel.
My fuel system was already capable of supporting it.

I got the 1200 hp unit because I am running e85 on a 416 sb, that Mike at MRL built. It dynoed at 650 but the system was an accel and the engine never did right run with the Accel.
My fuel system was already capable of supporting it.

Yeah ill be E85 as well with future pro charger. I have a 24.6 gal fuel cell & 2 Walbro GSL-392's in parallel already installed, the first one is on with the key, second one comes on at 3700 RPM.. The switch to e85 seems simple with this system. Mine is 410 CI , running 200 hit of NOS right now. I would say I'm 650 to the tires on the hit.

So to trick the the system for e85 did you tell the programmer your engine is about 530 CI?

I have MSD 6al, billet dizzy, 3 step Timing retard & 2 step revv that I will incorporate into this new system as well. I will be using the timing advance retard locking the dizzy out on install and using the other systems I have on top of that. I also will be switching the NOS over to e85 as well. I have a stand alone fuel system & separate lil fuel cell just for the NOS.

A pro charger will be installed after I get this new toy installed. Plan is to keep the NOS as well but bring it down to a 50 or 75 hit. On boost supposedly NOS acts like double the jetting. It would only be used for a second or so until the boost takes over.

There will be lots going on for sure! Lol

-
Back