FiTech EFI system

-
im sorry i mean the system you picked up today lol you probally have it nearly installed now .

Lol. I have to finish up on the Reverse Flow Smoker I am building. After that I will be ape **** back on the car to get this installed and the Supercharger right after I know this system is dialed in on e85.

Picture of the smoker. Everything was hand built by me, wheels and all. Only thing I did not build was the compressor tank! Small odds and ends left.

View attachment IMG_7877.jpg

View attachment IMG_7867.jpg

View attachment IMG_7868.jpg

Lol. I have to finish up on the Reverse Flow Smoker I am building. After that I will be ape **** back on the car to get this installed and the Supercharger right after I know this system is dialed in on e85.

Picture of the smoker. Everything was hand built by me, wheels and all. Only thing I did not build was the compressor tank! Small odds and ends left.

Diggin it-ribs are gonna come out well on that.

Damn,that friggin' nasty....How much, M.D ?.. Picnic at Cracked's place!.....

The Dual set up is $6950.00 .... If I ever did that dual system I would re configure the belt and how it wraps around the bottom pulley. If you are not wrapping at lease 3/4 around the belt will slip like a MO FOOO. I been there when I was in the buggy scene.

I watched a couple vids of them dyno tuning the dual system and they even say in their notes they were fighting belt slip. Gogg that Futher Muckerrr and it won't slip but you still need some more wrap around the crank pulley.

See how the SBM single system wraps the belt way far around both drive pulley's? That is how the dual system needs to be in order to not slip.

View attachment SBM_500px.jpg

See the GM dual set up and how the belt wraps around the crank pulley? This is a NO GO, NO WAY situation. Will slip its *** off without a doubt..... 1 more idler pulley needs to be added on the driver side to bring the alt belt in closer. Then the other pulley can be brought in higher and closer to the bring the belt in closer to the crank pulley for more wrap.

View attachment LS1_twin_cut.jpg

The single charger is $2800.00 with everything included except a meth injection system. They say it is factory set at 7-9lbs of boost. You can upgrade it to be more. I am calling them tomorrow to see what they say. I hope they say changing the pulley or Impeller will get in the 20-25lbs of boost range. We shall see. If not then it is Procharger.

I already have a Meth Injection System so I am ready there as well.

Damn,that friggin' nasty....How much, M.D ?.. Picnic at Cracked's place!.....

I might have answered you wrong if you are talking about he smoker.. haha

$1100.00 is what I got into the smoker. To buy one like that would be in the 4+ k range and
it would still be a cookie cutter & not custom.

Mine has a Double wall insulated fire box and a lot of other gizmo's I added to it.

View attachment IMG_7862.jpg

I might have answered you wrong if you are talking about he smoker.. haha

$1100.00 is what I got into the smoker. To buy one like that would be in the 4+ k range and
it would still be a cookie cutter & not custom.

Mine has a Double wall insulated fire box and a lot of other gizmo's I added to it.

View attachment 1714834693

Ummmm......I don't see a beer holder......or brass pole for that matter.

The Dual set up is $6950.00 .... If I ever did that dual system I would re configure the belt and how it wraps around the bottom pulley. If you are not wrapping at lease 3/4 around the belt will slip like a MO FOOO. I been there when I was in the buggy scene.

I watched a couple vids of them dyno tuning the dual system and they even say in their notes they were fighting belt slip. Gogg that Futher Muckerrr and it won't slip but you still need some more wrap around the crank pulley.

See how the SBM single system wraps the belt way far around both drive pulley's? That is how the dual system needs to be in order to not slip.

View attachment 1714834691

See the GM dual set up and how the belt wraps around the crank pulley? This is a NO GO, NO WAY situation. Will slip its *** off without a doubt..... 1 more idler pulley needs to be added on the driver side to bring the alt belt in closer. Then the other pulley can be brought in higher and closer to the bring the belt in closer to the crank pulley for more wrap.

View attachment 1714834692

The single charger is $2800.00 with everything included except a meth injection system. They say it is factory set at 7-9lbs of boost. You can upgrade it to be more. I am calling them tomorrow to see what they say. I hope they say changing the pulley or Impeller will get in the 20-25lbs of boost range. We shall see. If not then it is Procharger.

I already have a Meth Injection System so I am ready there as well.

Is the compression on your motor compatible for the addition of a charger?

Is the compression on your motor compatible for the addition of a charger?

Yes of course.

410 CI & It is 9:1 Compression. This is the motor that I built for my Twin Turbo 67 Dart project that I sold minus the motor & trans. It has custom Weisco Pistons with the top ring lan down on the piston with extra meat, ready for NOS, Boost whatever! Tool Steel piston pins, Scat Forged Crank, Scat H Beams. Cam is a Solid Roller for boost, custom grind by Brian at IMM. .643 lift at the valve, .242@50 duration. Cometic Head gaskets, Heads are Studed and torqued to 105lbs. Line honed mains & main caps are studded as well. Cam tunnel was line honed too. With line honing the cam tunnel it made such a huge difference in how easy the motor spins it is crazy. I will always have this done from now on. Oiling mods done to the pump and passages.

Indy RHS X Heads done by Brian at IMM. He did a little bit of clean up and some more tricks on the exhaust side to let the exhaust gasses escape.

It should be able to handle 20psi pretty easily.

It will be on e85, meth injection and air to water intercooler with circulating pump.

Sounds awesome. I'm real interested in the kit but there has not been a whole lot of feed back. It looks kick *** on paper. I'd like to hear some real life experiences. Did you find something that made this a good decision. The reason I ask is my brother bought a system and had nothing but trouble with it. It was a self learning system also and the tech support was a joke. I believe his was made by Profesional Products.

I was looking at a system by Professional Products but I like the FITech set up better. I'm sure there will be plenty of reviews forthcoming.

sent from my iPhone

(At theMopar Nationals)

Sounds awesome. I'm real interested in the kit but there has not been a whole lot of feed back. It looks kick *** on paper. I'd like to hear some real life experiences. Did you find something that made this a good decision. The reason I ask is my brother bought a system and had nothing but trouble with it. It was a self learning system also and the tech support was a joke. I believe his was made by Profesional Products.

Yeah, they are right down the street from me. If I have problems it will be easy for me to go and throw it though their front window! Haha

I was just about to buy an e85 carb. This system is only $300.00 more from the one I was going to buy. This is not a whole lot of $$ so I am not worried about it. Hot Rodding at it's finest.

I also had to buy $100.00 worth of fittings to change the fuel line set up under the hood to mate to the EFI. I had most of the stuff to do it. So in all with the stuff I had, probably a total of $250.00 in braided hose and fittings to do the swap.

Last question. Are you going to run the fi before you go for the charger? If so I'll be standing by for your findings. Good luck

I would be interested in how the 4 injector version performs.....building a daily 318 so the 8 injector version would overkill.....so far it looks like the Fitech is way better than the systems available currently

I was looking at a system by Professional Products but I like the FITech set up better. I'm sure there will be plenty of reviews forthcoming.

sent from my iPhone

(At theMopar Nationals)

I would be interested in how the 4 injector version performs.....building a daily 318 so the 8 injector version would overkill.....so far it looks like the Fitech is way better than the systems available currently
I ordered the Go EFI 4 - 600 HP System and the Go EFI System Fuel Command Center last night.
I will be putting it on my hot little 318 in my 74 Dart and doing some track testing.
Then the whole system will go on my 1970 D100 slant six project.
Just a 9.5 compression .465 erson cam with a ported head by onewildandcrazyguy (Justin Wood)...Will see what this system will do.

I ordered the Go EFI 4 - 600 HP System and the Go EFI System Fuel Command Center last night.
I will be putting it on my hot little 318 in my 74 Dart and doing some track testing.
Then the whole system will go on my 1970 D100 slant six project.
Just a 9.5 compression .465 erson cam with a ported head by onewildandcrazyguy (Justin Wood)...Will see what this system will do.

TX Dart i will wait and see with your results as i would love to run this system on my teen ! let us know how it all pans out.

View attachment 1714834692

On the Chevy one, if the alt was moved up to the 12 o'clock position, you could really move the driver's blower idler in. Not to mention it would give the belt more wrap around the water pump. I see a big problem with that long stretch of belt between the two blowers slapping around, also.

With the Mopar, maybe mount the alternator down low at the crank centerline and work out the blower idlers from there?

On the Chevy one, if the alt was moved up to the 12 o'clock position, you could really move the driver's blower idler in. Not to mention it would give the belt more wrap around the water pump. I see a big problem with that long stretch of belt between the two blowers slapping around, also.

With the Mopar, maybe mount the alternator down low at the crank centerline and work out the blower idlers from there?

I was contemplating the single unit, however after talking to the guy on the phone today I have changed my mind on that unit. Guy was... How do I put it, a Straight out A. Hole! All he kept saying to me is they are good for 6-8 lbs of boost, over and over again. Their site says you can get more power so I asked the question and got crucified for it. Then he says with a smaller pulley you can get a MAXXX of 10 Psi from them.

Doing more research they seem to be a good fit for a Parking lot hopper. I seen a video of a guy with the twins installed and the interviewer asks him how much boost.... Drum Roll............ 6PSI with 2 of them... That my friends is Weak as fck. Show boat crowd pleaser stuff right there. All show and no go.

Procharger to the rescue.

But, but, that's almost 3 whole horsepower per unit!

I was contemplating the single unit, however after talking to the guy on the phone today I have changed my mind on that unit. Guy was... How do I put it, a Straight out A. Hole! All he kept saying to me is they are good for 6-8 lbs of boost, over and over again. Their site says you can get more power so I asked the question and got crucified for it. Then he says with a smaller pulley you can get a MAXXX of 10 Psi from them.

Doing more research they seem to be a good fit for a Parking lot hopper. I seen a video of a guy with the twins installed and the interviewer asks him how much boost.... Drum Roll............ 6PSI with 2 of them... That my friends is Weak as fck. Show boat crowd pleaser stuff right there. All show and no go.

Procharger to the rescue.

Wtf...10psi maxm or 6psi with two of them? I got more than that out of the standard pulley on my little vortech s trim when I still had the 302 in my mustang. Of course it was a near stock 302 with a little cam, and boost is a function of restriction, but damn...yeah, go ATI...they'll have you hooked up and moving some serious air.

-
Back