FiTech EFI system

-
They're pretty close to me as well. We'll see how the Dart and I like the carburetor when I get it back from the shop. If not, I might contact these guys and try it out.

I'm considering but any idea how clean can you make this look as you can tell I like to hide stuff also considering the command center installing by where the battery was

Attachments

• DSCF0470.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 2,129
I'm considering but any idea how clean can you make this look as you can tell I like to hide stuff also considering the command center installing by where the battery was

I would expect since there are only 4-6 wires on top of what's already there, you'll have little trouble relocating and hiding any wires for the system.

Im looking at building my Slant for boost and going with a Offy 4bbl intake, one of these FITech 4bbl's, and a nice hairdryer setup to go with it. Is anyone going to do a review/how to and show how simple it is.

Anyone else have this on a slant 6 yet?

I think Mad Dart was going to tell us about his experience with it...as far as a slant, I think you're the only person inquiring so far...maybe you can be the beta test :)

I was contemplating the single unit, however after talking to the guy on the phone today I have changed my mind on that unit. Guy was... How do I put it, a Straight out A. Hole! All he kept saying to me is they are good for 6-8 lbs of boost, over and over again. Their site says you can get more power so I asked the question and got crucified for it. Then he says with a smaller pulley you can get a MAXXX of 10 Psi from them.

Doing more research they seem to be a good fit for a Parking lot hopper. I seen a video of a guy with the twins installed and the interviewer asks him how much boost.... Drum Roll............ 6PSI with 2 of them... That my friends is Weak as fck. Show boat crowd pleaser stuff right there. All show and no go.

Procharger to the rescue.

As usual,Louis: You did your homework....The F.I sounds good, the customer service/product research on the supercharger company sounds pathetically weak.. That f.I. sounds like a steal,time will tell...

I think Mad Dart was going to tell us about his experience with it...as far as a slant, I think you're the only person inquiring so far...maybe you can be the beta test :)

I sold my triple SU set-up for the slant going in my wagon. I have a Dutra Hyperpak and am seriously considering this FiTech set-up in conjunction with the Hyperpak.

I don't have any issues being the beta tester. Ill have to talk to them and see if they think it would go as far as it being able to "learn" with a built turbo slant from the first key turn or if they think it'd be better to start off with it on a mostly stock slant first and then transition to the turbo after.

I bit the bullet today.. I have been tuning my Quickfuel 600 HR for 2 seasons, and with a wide band..Too many air bleed, and jet changes and fiddling and testing and burning fuel and still not where I want it.

Going to go EFI and see how it it performs. Ordered the EFI 4 Power adder, as they had it in stock and the fuel command center. Will install last week of August and let you know how it runs !!

To bad the Canadian dollar is so low....

I bit the bullet today.. I have been tuning my Quickfuel 600 HR for 2 seasons, and with a wide band..Too many air bleed, and jet changes and fiddling and testing and burning fuel and still not where I want it.

Going to go EFI and see how it it performs. Ordered the EFI 4 Power adder, as they had it in stock and the fuel command center. Will install last week of August and let you know how it runs !!

To bad the Canadian dollar is so low....

Thanks for the info !
I just talk to them and changed my order from the Go EFI 4 - 600 HP System to the Go EFI 4 - Power Adder 600 HP System ,which is in stock.
2 weeks before the basic system is in.

Anyone with any results of the power adder setup on a boosted motor yet? Trying to gauge how it handles boost and timing real world.

I don't have any issues being the beta tester. Ill have to talk to them and see if they think it would go as far as it being able to "learn" with a built turbo slant from the first key turn or if they think it'd be better to start off with it on a mostly stock slant first and then transition to the turbo after.

I think as long as you input the correct parameters and set it up in accordance with the directions, it'll probably start up and run in well.

I just off the phone with FiTech and ordered the basic system and fuel command center and will be using them on a built slant equipped with a Dutra Hyperpack on my wagon.

I dunno fer sure, but you may want to be looking into some way to heat that hyperpak still, even with TBI. Those are prone to having problems with the fuel staying in suspension when using them on the street. I've been talking with a fella over on .org, he thinks I'll have the same problem with my hurricane (he ran a hyperpak extensively on the street, you may want to search DusterIdiot's hyperpak experiments) Anyways, not something I know for sure, I just think it may be something to keep in mind. I didn't even run/tune my hurricane long enough to find if it has that problem.

Best of luck to ya! If it works it will be neato!

I've read the same thing. I will be running Clifford long tube headers and plan on fabricating a heat stove from one of the header tubes to the underside of the Hyperpak. Hopefully that will suffice.

FWIW I ran the long tube headers with a Clifford 4 barrel and a good size 4 barrel on my Dart GT in the mid 80s with no heat provision and no choke! Pumped the throttle twice and it fired right up. Let it idle a minute or two and drove off with no stumbling. It was my daily driver and in winter it could get pretty cold here in VA.

Clifford and others used to make coolant heated carb bases. Ferd used 'em for years and years.

Clifford and others used to make coolant heated carb bases. Ferd used 'em for years and years.

To my knowledge nothing like that is available for either an original Hyperpak or the Dutra reproduction.

Nope. Plus, I think your hood clearance will be tight... The exhaust heat like you talk is what I had envisioned. I may run something like that on my hurricane if my mpfi pipe dream never turns into a reality.

Just ordered one for my 73 Duster with the Command Control Fuel.

Nope. Plus, I think your hood clearance will be tight... The exhaust heat like you talk is what I had envisioned. I may run something like that on my hurricane if my mpfi pipe dream never turns into a reality.

Hmmm! Good point on the hood clearance! I might have to find a drop base style air cleaner if it's tight. I won't be modifying the hood and if worse comes to worse, I can always fall back on my triple Weber set-up.

I want to order one so bad but the dollar is only worth 0.70$ I guess I can't be a tight *** I will bite the bullet soon . kinda waiting for a member review .

I plan on installing last week of August,, will update with pictures and the like when i do. Got to take a vacation to British Columbia first tho..

-
Back