Fix it, part it, hold on to it?

-

Canucklehead

Reaction score
I picked up an odd 1969 Dart Swinger, factory 318 4-speed 8 3/4 with 3.23 open. Factory R4 red, black bench. Fenders/quarters/floors/trunk lid are rough but inner fenders and rails are nice. Complete car and has a supposedly running 360, and original 4-speed. Probably not worth restoring but would be a shame to part out. I’m also curious if there is a rough idea of a production number for a 318 4-speed 69 Swingers?

C7F4FFF3-9AD1-4E28-BE35-1D74CDA1D78C.jpeg

397CF40A-980C-414E-81BE-C3D3C9EB2493.jpeg

092EEE2E-1922-4449-9DED-0994BB23E48F.jpeg

81B26D2A-7DFE-4C94-83BE-D100B5934A19.jpeg

If you cant restore that sell it to some one who can, that is a badass car too bad i live so damn far i would just slap some tires and run that bad boy!!!!

Ya, it’s a neat, oddball car, with some documentation, right up my alley. I’m going to try to get it running, the rad is in the trunk, it has a 69 340 intake on it with no carb. The engine turns and was a recent rebuild but the intake was left unsealed so who knows. Anybody with Galen’s book with numbers?

I've repaired much worse. That's a very good platform to start with.

Nice find in Northern BC! Why’s the history on it? Has it lived up there a while?

Oldmanmopar will take it off your hands. Its worth so much more in tiny pieces.

J.

If you're looking for money you should part it.. worth way more dead than alive...

That car screams for a 451 or more. I'm sure it would make a perfect drag car at the very least. :thumbsup:

If you're looking for money you should part it.. worth way more dead than alive...
Do you really believe parting this car is an option.
There is too much to work with, it's not bad at all.
and knowing you with a pressure washer on a weekend, it would be even better. :thumbsup:
I'm not suggesting a project for you, I am just saying....

Nice find in Northern BC! Why’s the history on it? Has it lived up there a while?

I grew up in Edmonton, went to visit family there last week and brought it home. I’ve known about the car for at least 15 years, I bought it about 6 months ago. The fellow I bought it from was selling his business and clearing stuff out. I have an Alberta bill of sale for it.

Do you really believe parting this car is an option.
There is too much to work with, it's not bad at all.
and knowing you with a pressure washer on a weekend, it would be even better. :thumbsup:
I'm not suggesting a project for you, I am just saying....

I couldn’t part it out. Might be a long term project, the R4 paint and 4-speed intrigues me for a 318 car. I can’t imagine they built more than a few like that. But rare doesn’t equal value.

Galen’s book lists 249 units produced for 1969 Dart Swinger with a 318 and a 4 speed out of a total of 74,435 Swinger 2 door hardtops produced.

Galen’s book lists 249 units produced for 1969 Dart Swinger with a 318 and a 4 speed out of a total of 74,435 Swinger 2 door hardtops produced.

I had guessed that it would be a few hundred. Probably the only R4 red one, I’ve never seen that color on anything smaller than a 340.

Wow only 249 1969 318 swingers ordered with a select your own adventure transmission. 8.75 rear would have been standard in any V8 stick shift car in 1969. Too easy to make a 7.25 go boom.

Last edited:
-
Back