fixin to get plum nasty in central il

-

dodgeboy

Reaction score
just read an weather update for our area central il were lookin at 8 to 12 of snow starting tomorrow night thru sunday then extreme subzero temps thru Tuesday with wind pushing the temps to -40 at times.dang its gonna be cold.

Well, don't feel like the Lone Stranger, it's heading right up through here too. A bit less snow, maybe up to 8" but still getting the 20*-30* wind chills. Uuugghhhh

I wish we were getting snow, but lately its been too cold too snow, or too warm lmfao....it was raining here an hour ago, yesterday it was -18 below zero, and Monday will be -28 below zero with -50 to -70 below windchills.....yikes....the governor of MN has cancelled all schools here in MN on Monday...gonna be nasty....be careful boys and girls :coffee2:

were way overdue for a hard winter.i read that its been 20 to 30 yrs since they've had this cold of an air mass

were way overdue for a hard winter.i read that its been 20 to 30 yrs since they've had this cold of an air mass

Yep, I've got a real close friend who works for the storm prediction center in OK, he's been tracking this and comparing it to the big Blizzard of 77/78 now for a week. The heart of the storm could see wind chill temps in the -40s. Keep in mind, that in 2001, the NWS re did windchill factor charts, if it were the old system, it'd be in the -70s.

:sad9:

So, tomorrow, I'll be bringing out the emergency house kit, I got a bunch of free insulation a while back, some of that pink foam stuff that home depot sells, I've got it pre-cut for each of my windows in the house, I'll be putting it up tomorrow for sure. We just wont have much sunlight for a couple days in the house but we should be warm.

One thing I want to add, make sure you bring inside any pets, whether in your house or heated garage. Dog houses normally aren't insulated and even then, it's not enough and those poor creatures can die from such wind chills.

Stay warm ya'll

The coldest I can remember was back in the early 90s here. It was around -25F air temp. It got so cold that it actually cracked one of our front windows. And these were double paned insulated windows! Not really looking forward to this one. The house I'm in now is much less insulated than the previous one. Around here they're calling for maybe 6-8 inches. Really hoping that is an over-estimation, but I'm not counting on it. Yay.

Yeah. It's winter. What'd ya expect?

Yeah. Forecast for us is 32 for a high Tuesday after a low of 12. I don't give a damn where you are, that's frikkin cold.

We're right on the edge of the "really bad" area here. It's going to be no fun for anyone. My dad works weekend nights and has to spend part of his time outdoors taking readings and collecting samples so I'm going to try to drop in and check on him.

I guess there's no way around the "my dick's bigger than yours" argument around this place about anything. Really getting stupid.

I guess there's no way around the "my dick's bigger than yours" argument around this place about anything. Really getting stupid.
"The only winning move is not to play." At least, that's my philosophy on such things.

Yeah. That's what it's coming down to......on everything. I'll just quit posting altogether. Probably the best way.

-
Back