Fixing a roof in a 68 dart

-

nasty68

Reaction score
Pulled the vinyl top off of the dart, it wasn't pretty. There are some pin holes and one hole the size of a 50 cent piece. Most of the holes are near the center, all the metal around the outside is good. What are some ways to repair this without cutting off another roof and putting it on? Any suggestions?

goto the yard and cut the section you need from a parts car and just weld it in... that way its the same thickness and shape.... check out the pics below.. i know its in a different spot and probably worse then what you have but you get the idea....

34553788.jpg

35082539.jpg

35437316.jpg

Wish i had your bodywork skills. That looks good. Would rather keep it a hard top now. It looks alot better without the vinyl top on it.

nasty68 said:
Wish i had your bodywork skills. That looks good. Would rather keep it a hard top now. It looks alot better without the vinyl top on it.

its alot easier then you think.... this is the first time trying anything like this for me... a friend is helping out but he hasen't really gotten this involved either.... if you have a 50 cent hole just drill it out and weld a new piece in... you don't have to be able to run nice beeds because that will warp the metal.. just keep going from side to side spot welding..... i'm telling you its alot easier then you think...

-
Back