Fixing radiator

-

7duster4

Reaction score
I noticed last evening that the radiator in my duster has a small leak in the lower/driver side corner. Looks to be coming out of the seam. It's a 1974 duster that came with a/c so it's a 26inch. I really don't want to spend over $200 for a new one. Is there a simple fix to this? I heard that "JB Weld" does a good job on stuff like that. Has anyone ever use that stuff on similar repairs? Im sure it wouldn't last forever though. Thanks.

If you have a propane torch and some flux-core solder you may be able to do the job just as a radiator shop would. Would mean pulling the radiator out and cleaning the area.

Otherwise JB weld would work. Would still need to be clean, dry, and require time to cure.

i tried jb once and it didn't hold up. use solder like duster440 says. i did it on my truck a couple years ago and it worked great! clean the crap out of the area then heat it up good with a torch and run the solder over the area. after its all cool paint it up and your done.

Local radiater shop repaired one for me recently. Boiled out, repaired, pressure tested, 85.00.

-
Back