Flake member alert

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I knew he was in Warren Mi., I would've already been over there to get the hood and have it shipped!! I'm goin to get on this and get it done! Damn it all!!! Geof

you go Geof , you the man , if was closer , I would be right there with you. there is no place for crooks on Fabo or any where else

I’d rather take a loss, give money back, have the person keep the part, etc., than have my name trashed on the internet.

exactly , I , too , would eat the loss (if there is one) as a seller long before a thread like this about me would be bumped over and over

My two cents.
I view most classic cars as a hobby. Making money at it is sketch at best for the common person. Oh sure, some can make a business of it.
But if someone is bad off, they don’t need to be messing with this stuff.
That being said, this is one reason I don’t buy or sell on these open forums.
I’d rather take a loss, give money back, have the person keep the part, etc. I can afford the money. Not the crap.
The problem is that sooner later run I’d into a creep and/or get burned.
Good luck too all involved.

PM'd him here and called his number, no answer so I left a message!! He has been to my house once to pick up parts from another member so he knows who I am! I'm on it and will get this done, if he answers me back that is! He can just leave the thing outside for me if he wants, I don't need to talk to him, just need the hood! If he wants to paste the shipping money to the hood or send it to me Paypal, that would be great, but I'm not holding my breath and will do this on my own dime if I have to!! I just want to get zhandful his hood, its been too long!!! Ill report any news here as it comes up!! Geof

He lives in the burbs of Detroit. I recognize the area he's talking about. He should be near Hoover, Schoenherr, or Hayes Roads.

My oldest son is in Detroit right now as we type...

The Woodward Dream Cruise is in two weeks. A few members may be able to stop by....

Right close to Ventimiglias!! The best reason to go to Warren!! Familiar with that place Karl??

PM'd him here and called his number, no answer so I left a message!! He has been to my house once to pick up parts from another member so he knows who I am! I'm on it and will get this done, if he answers me back that is! He can just leave the thing outside for me if he wants, I don't need to talk to him, just need the hood! If he wants to paste the shipping money to the hood or send it to me Paypal, that would be great, but I'm not holding my breath and will do this on my own dime if I have to!! I just want to get zhandful his hood, its been too long!!! Ill report any news here as it comes up!! Geof

Thank you for getting on this.

you are a good man Geof, the world needs more people like you. hard earned cash is cash and people have no right to just steal it. that is a crime and punishable by law.

just don't go getting yourself in trouble LOL

you are a good man Geof, the world needs more people like you. hard earned cash is cash and people have no right to just steal it. that is a crime and punishable by law.

just don't go getting yourself in trouble LOL

yup....great to see someone stepping up like this....

Right close to Ventimiglias!! The best reason to go to Warren!! Familiar with that place Karl??

No, I've never been to Ventimiglias.

I went to college with two of the kids of previous leading prosecutor from Warren, MI. I had the brother in my classes, and I was good friends with his younger sister (her and I don't like beer, so we always shared mixed drinks together at parties). I know Warren, MI.

My father out-law was a doctor at Bi County Hospital in Warren, MI.

I lived by the state fair on the Detroit side for 18 years, just south of 8 Mile. My son is there right now visiting his grandparents and hanging out with his old school friends. If you need to "have your back", I can let him know and he can round up a posi "from the hood"....

He is less than 10 miles from Warren, MI.

Geof,

If you do get the hood and he does not give you the monies for shipping, I will PayPal you the cost of shipping so this can be over!

Kim

Ok gang, Dan messaged me! I have his address and am waiting for his call to let me know when he can put it out! He mentioned that he tried to get the package through Greyhound but it is just over the limit and it was kicked out! True or not, I don't care, im not getting in the middle of the 2 parties here, I'm just goin to get the hood and get it sent!! Ill repackage it, try Greyhound, send it through my FedEx account...whatever it takes to get this done!! Ill keep this updated as the details are available!! Geof

No, I've never been to Ventimiglias.

I went to college with two of the kids of previous leading prosecutor from Warren, MI. I had the brother in my classes, and I was good friends with his younger sister (her and I don't like beer, so we always shared mixed drinks together at parties). I know Warren, MI.

My father out-law was a doctor at Bi County Hospital in Warren, MI.

I lived by the state fair on the Detroit side for 18 years, just south of 8 Mile. My son is there right now visiting his grandparents and hanging out with his old school friends. If you need to "have your back", I can let him know and he can round up a posi "from the hood"....

He is less than 10 miles from Warren, MI.

Ventimiglias is a little Italian grocery store on Dodge Park, just north of 16 mile! They have the best Italian sub, hands down! You go back to the deli counter, pick out your hand made bread, tell the little Italian ladies you want the Italian, and get the hot peppers! There is always a line, but worth the wait! They are $7.50, and worth every penny! The house made
Pizzas are also a must, and I think $5.50, and come in many varietys, none of which are pepperoni...things like roasted cauliflower, Italian pepper, mushroom, eggplant, all delicious! The earlier you get there the better, as the bread sells out! The big round soft bread is our favorite!

I call them my "get laid" subs, cause the bride just loves them!! I highly suggest a stop there if you're in the neighborhood!!! Geof

My address is:

13858 Harold Ave.
Warren Michigan 48089

My phone number is:

(586) 303-6218

Should any of you want to come over, by all means stop by!
To show there is no hard feelings, I'll even grill if you let me know you're coming! :)

....though it will have to be pre-8:00am or after 10:00pm...

If someone can't make it during those times when I am working (7 day per week, currently) I work right across from Modern Cylinder Head and would be willing to have a quick meet and greet during my long shifts...or I suspect I will be a lot less busy in about a month, if that makes it more convenient for you folks.

My address is:

13858 Harold Ave.
Warren Michigan 48089

My phone number is:

(586) 303-6218

Should any of you want to come over, by all means stop by!
To show there is no hard feelings, I'll even grill if you let me know you're coming! :)

....though it will have to be pre-8:00am or after 10:00pm...

If someone can't make it during those times when I am working (7 day per week, currently) I work right across from Modern Cylinder Head and would be willing to have a quick meet and greet during my long shifts...or I suspect I will be a lot less busy in about a month, if that makes it more convenient for you folks.

Hard feelings ?

You mean for making you man up ?:finga:

Please everybody, lets just concentrate on getting this done for zhandful, and leave it at that! No verbal bashing is going to make this situation any better, so I'm begging you to take a page out of zhandfuls book, and take the high road so we can get this resolved!

Dan, if you could please just message when the hood will be in your truck, and ill come and pick it up!! You don't need to be there, I can handle picking it up myself, although I would like it to be early enough to get my ventamiglias on the round bread!!! ;-)

Nobody made me man up, obviously it was never my intention to take this long to get it shipped.
I am no crook or theif. He got a great deal on a hood and poor service. Nothing more, nothing less. All I can do is make certain this situatiion doesn't happen again.

Geof, the hood has already been shipped, thank goodness! Third time is the charm! This is why I asked you via PM to have Mark call.
I called him and left a message.
Greyhound said it could be 5-15 days...if he wants the tracking number have him call or PM as I didn't get and notifications that this thread has grown, and oh my, my, has it! :eek:

being a thief and making a mistake and taking way too long are two different things.

I have never known Mr. Dan to be a thief and I don't believe it. He just made a mistake and took way to long. People should let him make it right before yelling thief. The op has every right to be irritated but everyone else should take it easy.

Who out there has never made a mistake before except Mr. Jesus.

Nobody made me man up, obviously it was never my intention to take this long to get it shipped.
I am no crook or theif. He got a great deal on a hood and poor service. Nothing more, nothing less. All I can do is make certain this situatiion doesn't happen again.

Geof, the hood has already been shipped, thank goodness! Third time is the charm! This is why I asked you via PM to have Mark call.
I called him and left a message.
Greyhound said it could be 5-15 days...if he wants the tracking number have him call or PM as I didn't get and notifications that this thread has grown, and oh my, my, has it! :eek:

Yay!!! I did message Mark and told him that you requested that he call you! Now,'if you could just ship me my Ventimiglias, it will save me a trip!!! :)

But why didn't you refund his money when he asked?

It was the RIGHT thing to do after screwing him around like you did:wack:

Come on this way regardless, I'll buy.

I didn't realize you were the guy I picked up the parts from that time I hauled them out to the East coast. It's a small world. when I had more time and could be in chat I believe it was your daughter who was semi-frequent for a bit. She never really said much of anything.
It was a stand up offer you made, if only we could have made that happen a few months ago...

It's remarkable how many people offered to show up at my house or have family who is in town who could bring a posi no less! Other knew people in high places, blah, blah...yet none of them said anything about getting the hood like you were going to do. I suspect they are all empty threats anyways. Though if not I am awaiting a phone call or a Lynch (see what I did there? Mopar pun) mob at my door soon.

I am no thief, pure and simple. I also am not perfect.

Yes I live in Warren, Michigan. Yes I bought my house with cash (MY cash!), the old fashioned way. The same way I bought all my Mopars ... sweating my backside off in blue collar entry level positions, like stocking the frozen food at Wal-Mart for 2 years.
My home isn't anything fancy, no mansion by any stretch. A vinyl sided 3-bedroom 1,100 sq. ft. house built in 1940. It sits on a beautiful triple lot (150 x 140) on a nice quiet dead end street very close to the interstate (I-696 & Schoenherr). Most importantly has a cinder block 24' x 24' garage which is the largest I found in our $25k-$45 home buying budget. I purchased it from HUD in March (I think it was?!?) for $30,000.00. It's not glamorous and I like it. I have no need to keep up with the Jones'. I work on/with a cash principal. What I have may not impress anyone, but it was bought with one payment and it's all mine. If that is bragging, so be it.
The plan was to renovate it (almost all of it) within 2 months of purchasing it. Sadly the house is literally in as purchased condition, because I haven't had 10 minutes to devote to it. Such is life, and it goes on. Nothing good comes easy, and good things come to those who wait.
Today is the first time I had a lunch break (for the sole purpose of giving Greyhound one last "I hope the guys measures quickly"). I truly hate working so long of days, 7 days of week, with a baby being raised. I firmly believe that family time is wayyy more important than simply providing everything you can for them at any cost. However I also know that taxes on my "new" house/property are due in less than a month, my house needs a new roof, my 2002 Sunfire (200k mi.) and 2000 Montana (245k mi.) both need a lot of small things fixed (thankfully my Ram 1500 is still going stronger than new! 205k mi.), our 7 month old baby is starting to ween off breast-milk (free!) and onto solid foods (not even close to free :( ), and the winter season of only working 20 hours a week is rapidly approaching. I am a-okay knowing I will likely never make it into the middle class, that said I do (mostly) enjoy my job and working in general.
My $500 LG G2 cell phone had a software glitch and crashed about a month after I bought. No worries to those thinking I use credit/ I bought it outright and use an auto-renewing monthly prepaid plan with unlimited talk/text/data for a mere $40/month. I paid someone to fix it about 6 weeks ago and have yet to send it to them! Using this vintage phone without picture messaging or real internet is certainly a drag (yes, another muscle car pun).

To say I have been overwhelmingly busy is an understatement.

FABO seems to think I charged this guy an outrageous price and ran off on some vacation. He has my phone number and has yet to call me, once.
It seems if I was avoiding him, that would have been an easy solution for contact...especially since it is blatantly clear I have only been coming on here so rarely, which is when FABO sends me a notification...which is only when I get a PM as all the posts I am subscribed to are very old.
I gave him a get deal on a great part. That hasn't changed.
I admitted I am the guilty party for poor service. That hasn't changed.
I am not a crook. That hasn't changed.
Lesson learned, and steps are in motion for improvement.

Obviously I have NOTHING to hide.

So send the mob or get the hell out of here with your ridiculous rants.

Geo - He never asked for a refund.
As I said when I first posted a while back...I would be happy to give him a refund if he would rather that then the hood. Last he told me, he would rather have the hood.

Heck if he would rather a refund, I will still be glad to call Greyhound and have them return the shipment and give him a full refund.

Thank goodness we had the internet fixed at the shop the other day. I forgot how much more awesome these sucky shifts are with it!
:blob:

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back