Flash your lights twice for radar!

-

65Cuda273

Vintage Proud Member
Reaction score
Today I was on the highway. I drove up over the hill and "BAM" three cop cars waiting for speeders. One was outside of his car with radar in hand, and the other two waiting for a signal. I was OK, not speeding "this time" Lol... so I did what I have always done. Passed the cops and Warn the on coming speeders by flashing my lights twice. It was just a not talked about thing we did to beat the system. Do I see the same common courtesy today??? "NO". It's all about them and who cares about the other guy mentality of thinking. I'm not changing, I am here for yah. Be there for me! Thanks...

yea, i used to warn people that way before, until i passed the first cop, and just as i went to flash oncomming ttraffic, i noticed him sitting in the woods!. of course he pulled me over , but did not give me a ticket for anything

its all about me me me mentality people dont care anymore as long as its not them they dont care but on a side not i ran across 3 elderly folks today who had car trouble to my best guess it was a bad fuel pump i tried to help the best i could and pushed van out of traffic and waited for triple a to get there they were in route from pa to ft lauderdale so i stayed until tow truck arrived and gave them good info for repair shop and hotel it didnt cost me a thing but 2 hours of time no problem there

Here in Georgia, its illegal to flash your brights in any situation. I just try not to get caught if I did what you did. :toothy10:

Sorry, if you're speedin, it's on you. I'm not gonna go out of my way ta warn ya.

!!! WHY !!??? you ask.

Simple.

If the cop is busy with YOU he won't be worried about ME!!

around here they hate when ppl warn others about them but as soon as someone sees a cop in a new place its all over the county in about 5 mins lol and then they hate some ppl hitting side streets and taking off and hiding themselves ( ive done it myself very funny cause i was driving my lil brothers 5.0 mustang and the cops drive impalas here i hid in a parking lot and watched him drive past smacking his steering wheel hahaha and also a quick note call me an *** but if youre worried about cops ummm dont speed? i believe thats how youd avoid them

Here in Georgia, its illegal to flash your brights in any situation. I just try not to get caught if I did what you did. :toothy10:

I heard something similar up here, but apparently the way the law is worded, they use the word "alternating". Someone fought it and won as alternating was interpretated to mean left to right (ds to ps)

BTW I "warn" when I can

Sorry, if you're speedin, it's on you. I'm not gonna go out of my way ta warn ya.

!!! WHY !!??? you ask.

Simple.

If the cop is busy with YOU he won't be worried about ME!!

I'm with you on that. I used to flash my lights to warn oncoming traffic when I was younger but now I say screw it. Too many idiots speeding,tailgating and reckless driving on the roads these days. Let them get caught.

I heard something similar up here, but apparently the way the law is worded, they use the word "alternating". Someone fought it and won as alternating was interpretated to mean left to right (ds to ps)

BTW I "warn" when I can
yeah, its definite down here. like flashing is flashing, no if, ands, or buts. In the few times I was told was in a defensive driving course taken for the discount and from someone who actually recieved a ticked for it

I got pulled over one day for flashing my lights, so I admitted I did it, same as when you let off duty officers go when you pull them over- its just habit.

And I warn, unless I see some yahoo coming at me!

I always flash when they are on country roads being sneaky sobs. its still common here in tx. hell we still wave at each other in the country.

Raised in the country- flash the lights. Stand in court and say I was playing with the knob for some reason. Charged? get a lawyer, hitting the light switch in the day is not illegal.
Good move, Iggy.

I usually flash them , on, off, I remember my grandfather telling me what that meant when I was a kid, then having fun looking for the hiding cop car

I always flash, hell newer cars have the flash and pass thingy, where your suppose to flash your lights when you pass someone, and that law is in a lot of states but not enforced.

I do it all the time. The same should be done if a trucker needs to know that its clear to change to your lane.

Nope. Your all wrong. The real reason is they are to busy on their phones, putting on makup, doing hair, eating, everything other than staying alert and driving. Dont you all know that most of these people cant walk and chew gum at the same time. But they are talking, texting, ECT..... Most that don't signal for turns are on phones.

Have a good day!

Last bimbo I flashed threw on her hi-beams and gave me the finger.:banghead:

I got so peeved I had to turn back around and look.:thumleft:

There IS a God..................:angel12:

-
Back