Flat Bed Towing Horror.

-

72Dart6pack

Harder Better Faster Stronger.
Reaction score
Found this over the weekend. Looks like the wrong place to put a tow hook. I'm the 2nd owner. So this has to be from the original owner. Probably been that way for years. Glad they still make replacement parts. Right rear leaf spring mount. 1972 Dart.
:)

20181228_204250.jpg

Well, remember, these girls are 50 some years old, and "stuff happens." I still remember one 4th of July I took a random drive from the N end of Idaho over into Montana and back. While in MT I stopped at a gas station and went around back to visit the Little Square Room. This was a powder dry dirt backlot, and there turns out to have been a flat steel plate laying hidden below the dirt. Front tire kicked it up vertical, and it "went over center" under the rocker panel right at the front of the door. Put a nice dent "up under the car." Stuff like you pictured here happened all the time to cars, especially "back then" on poor roads, winter conditions, whatever. Someone could have pulled it out of a ditch, etc, in winter, whatever.

I'm not upset. Just glad I caught it before it totally broke. And Summit had it in stock. There are worse things in life than this.

The current JB Weld is a great post. No! I have the skill set to install a new one. It was only $45 . It will be here Wednesday 1/2/19

The current JB Weld is a great post. No! I have the skill set to install a new one. It was only $45 . It will be here Wednesday 1/2/19

Good! Now all you have to do is watch out for dumbass wrecker drivers.

I had to load my dart with flats and locked rear brakes.
The k member didnt take it very well. Glad i have a spare and plan on bracing it up. May add a tow loop so there is a solid tie down point.

Good! Now all you have to do is watch out for dumbass wrecker drivers.

We ALWAYS need to be aware of them Rusty.

They are normally young, in a hurry and unaware what it takes to fix these old girls!

-
Back