Flat head question (sorry)

-
You need to watch the movie, point.....

1. Milner's coupe did NOT have a flattie in it, it was, in fact a SB Chevvie

You ruined the great interpretation of American Graffiti I had. I vaguely remember reading about the flathead vs OHV in a magazine article on the movie long ago, so maybe an author got it wrong. I also recall reading that it was based on Steven Spielburg's youth in Modesto, CA, but maybe it was Francis Ford Coppola in Stockton. I'll check wikipedia.

recently in rod and custom, there was a wild custom built merc,,,with a motor city flat head, that is a guy casting completely new flat heads,,with aluminum heads and a blower with 2 stroms,,15 grand for the motor,, 250 HP,,,

so ide assume that engine in question is making less then 250 HP and it would be any ones guess as to how much its making with out knowing whats inside or putting it on a dyno,,,

H&H flat heads in calif has a grave yard of flat heads,and has taken care of the over heating problems that go along with the flat head,,he is super busy and sending flat heads all over the world,,the HOT ROD movement is HUGE right now,,, do a search and read on H&h OR SUBSCRIBE TO ROD AND CUSTOM,,, or read over on the H,A.M.B,,,,flat heads,,,hemis,,nail heads and 409s are whats happening in traditonal hot rodding right now,,finally they got tired of the same ole chevy,,,,

yes i have AMERICAN G memorized my self your not alone,,big topic over on the H.A.M.B that movie is what started the street rod movement,,

recently in rod and custom, there was a wild custom built merc,,,with a motor city flat head, that is a guy casting completely new flat heads,,with aluminum heads and a blower with 2 stroms,,15 grand for the motor,, 250 HP,,,

so ide assume that engine in question is making less then 250 HP and it would be any ones guess as to how much its making with out knowing whats inside or putting it on a dyno,,,

H&H flat heads in calif has a grave yard of flat heads,and has taken care of the over heating problems that go along with the flat head,,he is super busy and sending flat heads all over the world,,the HOT ROD movement is HUGE right now,,, do a search and read on H&h OR SUBSCRIBE TO ROD AND CUSTOM,,, or read over on the H,A.M.B,,,,flat heads,,,hemis,,nail heads and 409s are whats happening in traditonal hot rodding right now,,finally they got tired of the same ole chevy,,,,

yes i have AMERICAN G memorized my self your not alone,,big topic over on the H.A.M.B that movie is what started the street rod movement,,
started it for me, raced my bicycle all the way home from the movie theater and have not been the same since.

started it for me, raced my bicycle all the way home from the movie theater and have not been the same since.

mom drove me to the theater,,,where a empty walmart now sits,,, i had started building a coupe,mopar power back in the eary 1980, when i didnt have much knowledge,tools or money,,,and no internet for parts or refrence,,,then this rust free barracuda shell came my way,,if i eve get some free time,,i plan on building some sort of early coupe/traditional hot rod with an 1950s style poly motor,, im stil an AG nut,,ive even met milner,,,the things that change our lives,,,

-
Back