Flex plate question

-

Manuel

Reaction score
The flex plate broke and I need to replace it, easy peasy right, 63 Dart slant six with 904. I'm having a hard time finding the correct one the two I have gotten have the larger center hole (67 and newer). Does anyone have a source or part # for the correct one. Thanks for the Help.

RockAuto

Screenshot_20221004-213812_Chrome.jpg

That info is not correct. Those flexplates have the larger center hole, and fit the 68 and newer engines, not the 60 to 67 engines
Sorry for the bad info then. Figured thier database was correct. I don't know anything about the early cranks if they are an odd duck, but seems a hub centric ring could possibly help. Best luck

I've gotten two already and they were not correct, so I called Pioneer and ATP and they do not make one for the early slant six. I would be happy to find a good used one if somebody has one. Thanks

Sorry for the bad info then. Figured thier database was correct. I don't know anything about the early cranks if they are an odd duck, but seems a hub centric ring could possibly help. Best luck
It is the same situation, for the LA engine. Most of the data bases are incorrect. But a hub centric ring is a good solution. There is someone on slantsix.org, that had some rings made to accomplish this for stick flywheels. They have the same issue.

I saw you were looking so I went and looked in my pile. I do not see one, but I have a few more places to look. I thought I had one.

-
Back