flex plate shield.

-

hangn0ut

Reaction score
Who makes a flex plate shield that fits? Seems they always hit the tunnel not to mention fitting the dipstick tube. Thanks.

what car.... what engine.... what trans.... what flavor....

I have a 70 Duster, small block, 727 trans, and a CSR shield that required me to cut the floor out of the car so that it would fit. Good news is that I LOVE being able to pop two pieces of tin out and have full access to the bell housing bolts, shifter cable adjustment, trans kickdown adjustment. I also know of two other guys that had the same issue. One cut the floor like I did, the other sold the shield, and bought a JW Ultrabell and went with a glide at that time too. In talking with Tony three cars, he has the CSR shield, and it does fit albeit tight, BUT.... he runs 904's on those cars.

CSR shield fit the tunnel with a 904 ......tight fit...and if you add a deep sump oil pan on the engine...the shield will hit the firewall before the engine with a deep pan drops into K member...

I modified the K member to make life easier.....

I have a csr shield under my 74 dart, 727 trans, didn't cut the floor and it doesn't hit the firewall, all I had to do is hammer the lip in the tunnel over

I have the CSR shield in my Early-A 66 Dart with 904.I also cut for access to bell housing bolt holes,it was very tight fit.Safety= Happy Feet :D

CSR,seems to be the one.
My car is 69 Dart hardtop. Strip only. Big block using a DC k member. I have run a 4 speed,auto and a Clutchflite. Trans tunnel has been opened up and just clears a scattershield and clutch linkage. Thanks!

-
Back