Flight 666 B-17

-
Today they would high tail it out of there, and get back to base. They would then write their mothers. Their mothers would complain to their congressman, and they would be shipped back stateside to fly tough and goes around a airbase. The World War II Generation was truly the greatest generation.
Real Patriots.

And this is the last thing those Zero's saw. :D

Attachments

• Mooning.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 202
My dad helped restore the Boeing Bee, NL17W, tail number 229782, he worked with a guy that had his name on the blue prints.

We went to Boeings Plant 2 a few yrs ago before they tore it down, to crawl through the B17 and B29.

Those kids had some balls flying in those things, I cant imagine a combat mission on a B17 at 15-20,000 feet, in freezing air.

On the B17 I crawled back to the tail gunners spot, you have probably seen that footage of the german fighter pounding the crap out of the B17 not more than 30-40 feet away in that gun camera footage, I cant imagine what that was like.

anyway here are the pics of the B17 and B29 interior shots etc

http://s572.photobucket.com/user/rp23g7/slideshow/MuseumofFlight

Thanks for the pics rp23. Pretty impressive resto on those old bombers. I can only imagine what it must have been like to man the guns inside those little bubbles. That would be scary as hell receiving enemy fire sitting in there.

-
Back