[WANTED] floor console plastic slider

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked one up from 521 restorations on ebag. Don't. I had to trim it down on the sides to fit, and cost more than above. I don't know about above DMT piece but the original piece is made with ribs down the sides to slide on. Haven't seen a re-pop that has them.

I had a DMT piece. It ended up breaking on the sides of the shifter within a couple hundred miles. I now have nothing there and I'm alright with that at the moment.

I dont personally have any experience with the part I linked. I did buy one not too long ago but not sure where I got it from. Have not installed it yet so fingers crossed it will fit correctly.

Made one out of a piece of black hot wheels type track.Been in my son's 65 for 4.5 years now. Worked just fine.

Made one out of a piece of black hot wheels type track.Been in my son's 65 for 4.5 years now. Worked just fine.

A piece of black plastic laminate (some call it formica) works great. You will need a router and a laminate trimmer in order to cut it out. Most cabinet shops will have a scrap piece laying around that they will sell for a small amount. Laminate will hold up very well. Best. Old Dart 66

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back