Floor pan

-

66Vali

Reaction score
Just wondering if a 67 floor pan will fit in a 4dr 66 valiant??? I can't seem to find any in Ontario or Canada for her....Any info is appreciated...

Thanks

They are different but you may be able to trim to fit, how much are you looking to replace? You can buy new front and rear floor pans for the 63-66 early a-body cars, maybe this would be a better option?

I'm looking for the rear drivers side pan...but not opposed to doing the entire pan...Where can I find the rear drivers side pan?

Thanks 66340sedan!!!

They do not make, the behind the front seat rear floor pan. The plymouth pan's are different at the back side, where the rear seat frame would lay against the floorboard. The bottom flat area's are the same tho, (Dodge & Plymouth) but nobody make's them yet. Something AMD need's to look into making.

I apologize to you Keith....... I have'nt had any time to do any reading and such, but just learned that Auto Body Specialty's have them. i don't know who is making them for ABS, but if they are coming out of the Sherman camp,
were not a huge fan of their product's, alway's need alot of slicing and dicing, to make fit as close to OEM as possible. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Dodge33

I would like to point out that not all 1966 valiants in canada were the same as the US 1966 valiant. Some were darts labled as valiants. Does anyone know if the rear floor pan is the same between the 106" (valiant) wheelbase cars and the 110" (dart) wheelbase cars.

I would like to point out that not all 1966 valiants in canada were the same as the US 1966 valiant. Some were darts labled as valiants. Does anyone know if the rear floor pan is the same between the 106" (valiant) wheelbase cars and the 110" (dart) wheelbase cars.
The pan is different in the rear foot area.

This is probably going to sound really dumb, but how do you tell the difference?? It has the Valiant custom 200 emblems on the side...it has the word valiant on both the front and back...It has a tiny little chrysler emblem on the passenger side front fender...Not sure if any of this helps in identifying>???

In 1966, the US model Valiant body-style (top pic, short wheelbase) was not available in Canada...just the US body-style Dart, rebadged as a Valiant (2nd pic,long wheelbase) for Canada. i believe the '66's are the same as the '65's, the longer wheelbase model (CDN Val/US Dart) has a filler panel that goes between the center/front floor pan and the rear under-backseat/kickup area pan to make the longer wheelbase. By omitting that filler piece, you can use the longer WB pan in the short wheelbase car.

"Custom 200" means its a Canadian car (also 2nd pic)...aka: rebadged US dart.

3rd pic shows filler piece used in long WB cars.....

Here's a great page that may explain the differences better than I...

http://www.valiant.org/canada.html

Attachments

• 1966Valiant-USA.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 132
  • 1966Valiant-CDN.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 155
  • ValiantLongWBFillerPanel (Small).jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 162
-
Back