flowmaster 40 which type

-

Reaction score
I have a set of headers on my 1969 dart swinger. I want to use original tailpipes for the car. The question i have is do i need straight in and out mufflers or offset. I want to use flowmaster 40 delta flow type. Anybody using these and are they straight or offset.

i have them on my 75 duster 340 and mine are offset in the front and centered in the rear....into TTI 2.5" mandrel tail pipes, that fit excellent, by the way

from what i heard all flowmasters dont flow good and dynomax super turbo are the best sounding from what i have been told

yeah id think about using the flowmasters they sound good and are ok, but there are sooo many more and better mufflers out there now dynomax are realy good.

i have flowmasters w/cutouts after the headers. I like them, not quite loud enough for me lol. super 40s, im spoiled on the cutouts :D.....sorry?....what did you say? lol

I HAD a set of Flowmaster 50`s (offset in and centered out) which I ended up selling to my UPS guy. Unless you like headaches I would avoid those droning mufflers. To boot ,the 50`s are supposed to be the quieter of the 40 and 50 series. In defense of my ex mufflers they sound great on my UPS guys 8.5-1 cr 350 Chevy but were just horrible on my 11-1 cr 440. I think Flowmasters are a very well marketed muffler but as mentioned earlier, there are better mufflers to be had for the same money. I`d shop around some before going with Flowmasters.

Thanks - But will the straight in and out fit?. Or offset.

-
Back