FNG to A-bodies!

-

MarPar

Young Troubadour
Reaction score
Howdy ladies and gents!

Some of y'all may know me from FBBO and now I am here to sully this board's reputation as well lol

I currently own a 68 Plymouth GTX and just acquired a 74 Dart Swinger over the weekend.

Now the quest for learning about A-bodies begins in earnest....please be gentle :violent1:

Linky to youtube vid of the leaning tower of power running... [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0UtbXdHFiw&list=UUZtwDaK9o3qT1nUObbCtFDQ"]Swinger baby!! - YouTube[/ame]

and some pics of the new baby...btw, if anybody recognizes this car and could shed light on the history of it, I would be most appreciative. :D

Thanks!
Mar

Attachments

• DSC04119.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 199
  • DSC04120.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 187
  • DSC04154.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 189
  • DSC04131.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 197
  • DSC04133.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 195
  • DSC04138.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 199
  • DSC04112.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 214
That motor looks cool. Love that valve cover. Sounds cammed up in vid.

haha thanks guys! ya, I think she's cammed up some...

thanks for the offer barbee, but I like the offy cover. If I do get rid of it, you'll have first dibs!!

She's a dandy! Welcome to FABO. toolmanmike

thanks for the warm welcomes, guys!

the "light side," aint that the truth! lol

Welcome Mar. 68 Chicken here from FBBO. Check the build thread on the GTS. Send some Steaks !! LOL

Welcome Mar. 68 Chicken here from FBBO. Check the build thread on the GTS. Send some Steaks !! LOL

Thanks Mitch, will do! lol and ill definetly check out the GTS thread.

So my first question for y'all...Ive been scouring the interwebs for a {paperback} FSM for this puppy and have come up empty. anybody have a source? I know it's going to be relatively $$ for a paperback version, but I dont want to print out 500+ pages off the CD version... thanks!

Mar, I have a 68 FSM that came with my RR. It's pretty generic Mopar stuff and does cover all 68 Mopar.I'm using it for the GTS. I'm sure you have one for the GTX. Procedures between Your B body and that later A body are not going to be all that different.

Thanks Mitch. I do have one for the GTXer, Ill have to check it out and see. Only thing that may be missing is /6 stuff and wiring diagrams...

-
Back