FNG, yet again!

-

Salty Dog

Reaction score
Well, hello, um, how do ya do, I'm Mike and I need to get a Duster. Though it'll be a little while before I get one. Just figured I'd say "HI!"

Welcome to the site Mike. Take a look in cars for sale section....you never know your duster might just be there!

Thanks. I have seen the 4 sale section before at afreinds house. He's pushing me to get into it again. IDK just yet. Kid in her senior year, one just finished collage, ugh! Gettin weary.

Duster or a Demon would do the soul good though. Break out the W2 heads again and whoop some ***. Maybe a big block? I gotta line on a 400 Duster sitting, waiting....who knows?

Welcome Salty Dog.Small block with W2 heads,or big block? Decisions,decisions.....(lol).

Welcome to FABO, hope we see your project soon.
It's a buyer's market out there, you should be able to get a Duster for a good price.

Welcome Salty Dog.Small block with W2 heads,or big block? Decisions,decisions.....(lol).

Ehh, yea I guess, LOL.
Lets see, I've done small blocks for 20+ years. Know them? Ha ha ha, just a bit I guess. Getting a W2 headed engine into the 11's is a blind man's cake walk. I might have to do it again just to take on the streets and enjoy it.
I'm no super whiz. The real credit goes to the MP books and there tips section. Old school still works.

I have had a few big blocks, but never a high performance big block. Stock HP machines are one thing, but never got into tearing one down and stuffing it full of goodies.

Oh thanks. Right now, it's all on hold. I have a senior in high school.

I'm just going to enjoy this site and troll around the boards some. It's been awhile since I have built anything. I'm sure theres been a few improvements in the last 10 years or so.

Who's good with big blocks here? I need to learn a bit about these.

Now that I think about it some more, who is good with small blocks? I could use some updating!

Welcome....I know what you mean, once my last kid was done with college a Mopar found its way to my garage!

Welcome to the site Mike. Hope you find your Duster. I'm kind of partial to those myself!

Whew! What a week!

Nice looking engine bay there Demon seed. Yours? FWIW, ya might wanna take that coil to a upright position.

Thanks 383, that is my hope as well, but hope for sooner.
Thanks Dustertogo. My previous rides that were a big block moved the car very well, condisering the weight it was moving was a bit on the hefty side. I figure, a Duster is about a thousand pouds less, it should be good. A few light weight parts and bolt on performance items should make for a great street ride.

Nice looking engine bay there Demon seed. Yours? FWIW, ya might wanna take that coil to a upright position.

If it's a Blaster 2 then it can be mounted any position, because it's epoxy filled rather than oil filled. BTW welcome to the best Mopar site around.

-
Back