Fold down seat carpeting

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
Is anyone reproducing the fold down seat are carpet for Duster, Dart Sports or do I need to buy carpet by the yard and make my own ?

I wound up buying it by the yard from legendary when I ordered my carpet for my car. Taking off the old carpet was easy, it was getting the 40 year old glue off that sucked. After I cut my piece(s) I went to a local upolstry shop and them sew some binding around the new pieces. It actually turned out pretty good.. Here are 3 seperate pictures, after I started stripping, then I re-sprayed the back seat frame, third one is after I attached new carpet and it shows the binding.. The cost was cheaper for me to do it than any upolstry shop.. Hope this helps

Attachments

• Rebuild of Fold-Down 6a.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 107
  • Rebuild of Fold-Down 7a.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 90
  • Rebuild of Fold-Down 8a.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 94
Seems like that is just the seat back and not the entire cargo area.

I wound up buying it by the yard from legendary when I ordered my carpet for my car. Taking off the old carpet was easy, it was getting the 40 year old glue off that sucked. After I cut my piece(s) I went to a local upolstry shop and them sew some binding around the new pieces. It actually turned out pretty good.. Here are 3 seperate pictures, after I started stripping, then I re-sprayed the back seat frame, third one is after I attached new carpet and it shows the binding.. The cost was cheaper for me to do it than any upolstry shop.. Hope this helps

I think you did an ''awesome'' job. :D
All jokes aside, it looks great!

It actually so far has turned out better than I expected. I took the steel piece that goes between the trunk and the back seat covered it in that Bubble insulation, then glued the carper to it. Along with the drop down into the trunk.. I'll see if I have any more pictures.. By the way I forgot to mention it cost me $60.00 to have the binding sewn on around the backseat and the dropdown.. Wouldn't have cost that much if the shop didn't have to order the binding.. The carpet is actually darker than the interior color, but at least it all looks uniform.
I also pulled all my plastics out and re-sprayed them with a gun (something I haven't done in 30+ years). But I wanted everything to match as best as could be expected. So the plastics, the metal trim above the door, the dash, all look reasonably the same. I did find if you scuff the plastic with a scotch pad, then clean them, and spray them with a "Plastic Adhesion Promoter" the paint sticks pretty good.. but emphasize clean ..
As soon as I get most of it back together I'll post some more pics.. Thanks everyone for the compliments

Attachments

• Rebuild of Fold-Down 14a.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 81
  • Rebuild of Fold-Down 4.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 79
-
Back