Follow my 1967 Dodge Dart Restoration

-
Nice build. I would love to get hold of one of those bellhousings. I am running a mild 360 with a T5 in my 67 Dart. Body work and fresh paint last year. Just need to finish my headliner, put my windows back in and re-assemble. Good luck with your build. I will be watching your progress.

Attachments

• dart2.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 608
  • dart1.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 591
Great job on your dart build and thread, I especially liked the one off bellhousing project.
Cool to see you got it out on the road. BTW It looked like your rear shocks were upside down.
Not sure if it really matters though with gas charged?

Nice build. I would love to get hold of one of those bellhousings. I am running a mild 360 with a T5 in my 67 Dart. Body work and fresh paint last year. Just need to finish my headliner, put my windows back in and re-assemble. Good luck with your build. I will be watching your progress.

Thank you 737jetdr. Maybe one day those bell housings will be available O:)

Your Dart looks great. That's a very nice color. and those T5 transmissions are awesome as well. Good luck on getting it done are you going to put the trunk trim parts on or leave it like that? If you have any spare trim parts, please let me know.

BTW those wheels looks awesome on your Dart. What are the sizes if I may ask?

Louwtjie

Great job on your dart build and thread, I especially liked the one off bellhousing project.
Cool to see you got it out on the road. BTW It looked like your rear shocks were upside down.
Not sure if it really matters though with gas charged?

Thank you so much ssba. I try to make the thread flow well and to follow easy. I am very proud of that bell housing and am very grateful for the opportunity the University has given me to create the part I needed. I also appreciate everyone on this forum who gives their comments and suggestions. There for, thank you for informing me of the shocks that I installed up side down. I did not even notice it and am a bit embarrassed. #-o I am planning to take that axle out to rebuild it anyways, so ill change them around then. A future project I am thinking about is to do individual rear suspension with coil over's

Louwtjie

MM, I might have a driver side tail lamp lens .At one time I had a few spares from my 67. When you get back PM me. I am writing a note to look for it.If you want it, and I can find it, you can have it !

Really impressed with your work here! You have a good set of skills.

Thank you 737jetdr. Maybe one day those bell housings will be available O:)

Your Dart looks great. That's a very nice color. and those T5 transmissions are awesome as well. Good luck on getting it done are you going to put the trunk trim parts on or leave it like that? If you have any spare trim parts, please let me know.

BTW those wheels looks awesome on your Dart. What are the sizes if I may ask?

Louwtjie

Thanks for the kind words. The paint turned out nice. I still have all of my side trim. I don't think I will be using it. The trunk trim needs to be restored. I just haven't had time to do it yet. The wheels are mustang FR500 copy wheels from American Muscle. 17x9 for the fronts and 17x10.5 on the rears.

NICE color variation man... Bitchin'...

Thanks. It's suppose to be factory metallic red for 67. Turns out it's also a factory color for an early 2000's honda too. It really pops in the sunshine.

Hi and thanks everyone! I'll be back in the US this weekend. I cant wait to get back to my studies, and to start working on my car again. Its been a long time.

I am in need of a few parts. So if anyone has some of the following parts or know of any, please let me know.

Indicator lenses
Head light bezels
Trunk trim
Tail lights
Interior door handles
Fenders
Trunk deck lid

darter6, thank you for your generosity, I will send you a pm soon.

This is how I found my car after it has been sitting out in a field for 8 months:

I decided to get to work on the interior of the car so I can start driving it. This is what it looked like. Still had the hole in the floor where I cut it open to fit the T56 transmission.

Made stencils and got some sheet metal to build a transmission tunnel:

Took the seat out and got to work.

Spot welded it all together.

Sealed it to keep water out.

Thank you member 'TOP' ,Dave, for sending me the tail lights. They work beautifully and the car passed safety inspection.

This is the old tail light.

Removed

New tail lights. Notice how badly the rear bumper and trunk is bent.

I took the bumper off and did some panel beating to it. It looks a lot better.
For the trunk I was thinking of covering it up with a GT rear trim panel. Does any one know of one for sale?

Also, the car passed the safety inspection and is now registered and has tags! I feel like it is a big mile stone. I bought the car December 2013 without an engine or transmission and now it can drive on the streets legally.

Your build is truly impressive. I'm in awe.

I love the pics of the car with the hood closed and then open. The total surprise when you see that fantastic looking engine and engine bay inside that truly beat-up Dart is jaw-dropping.

Amazing. Can't wai to see the whole car done in that wonderful blue.

Stupid question, but is that rear window unique to '67 Darts? In that case, that is what I'm getting once I get tired of my 66.

Thank you 360DartGT66! I really appreciate that :)

I also like the shape of the rear window. The Darts first came out with that shape window in 1967 but are also used in the later models in the 70's. I took the windows out this week. It was quite nerve wrecking.

All right guys. So I haven't done too much this past week, but here are some pics.

A sneak peek at some bucket seats I will be installing:

Took the windows out, then the steering column as well as the dashboard.

I am getting it ready to paint the interior and dashboard. After paint I will lay some sound and heat insulation and then a brand new carpet, head liner, seats and get the rest of the interior how I want it. Custom dash inert and center console.
Ill leave you with that.

Welcome back! I'm sure I'm not the only one who's been waiting for you to return. :happy1:

@MM - Great job! You certainly have some mad skillz!!! I just wanted to make one comment regarding your passenger side floorpan repair. Maybe it's just not visible in the pictures, but I don't see any spot welds that follow the top of the framerail across the floorpan. You realize that the connection between the floorpan and frame is structural, right? Not nit-picking, just trying to ensure your car is as strong and safe as possible.

Just found your build thread. I am loving the progress so far. Im in the process of doing up a 67 Dart as well. I saw in one of our earlier postings that you were missing the "O" for the hood? I believe 67 and 68 darts had the same emblems used for the hood. And I have found that the "D"O"D"G"E" hood emblems were basically the same as the 70 challenger hood emblems, and they repro those. Thats what I did for my 68.

What happened to the progress on the rest of this build? Also I am looking for the upper side body molding clips for my '67 Dart GT Big Block Car. These are the moldings that run along the top side edge of the 1/4 panels, doors, and front fenders. Any help would be appreciated. I will also post in the wanted section as soon as I get time.

I'm hoping to see the finished product on this build. Did he continue in a new thread that I haven't found? The car MUST be finished by now! :)

He hasn't been here in over two years, maybe he's out driving the wheels off it!

-
Back