-
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedFish

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Contact seller
I have a right hand door mirror (companion to the LH in my avatar) that is missing the foot piece. Really ticks me off that the engineers chose to make this simple part from 2 different castings. These can't be re machined to either/or , not enough material. Vendors of those repop mirrors cant offer the foot seperately either so...
I'm stuck with part of a part for over 3 years now. Maybe you'll find one at a swap meet ? Thanks in advance, Ben

Is this the same mirror as what is on a 70 Swinger?
I can only point out the "floating glass in bowl" type mirror seen in my avatar since there were a couple different mirrors used. The left mirror (avatar) is cable remote control. The same style RH mirror is not remote control unless it was OEM to a right hand drive car. Hope this helps.

Okay I see what you mean now. I do have a non remote mirror but I believe that it is for the driver side and the ball is wore so that the top part floats around thought tyou might be able to use it but it is the wrong side. I will see what else may have hidden around. Cleaning the garage up this week so I should know then.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Plym...yZ140707QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have a right hand door mirror (companion to the LH in my avatar) that is missing the foot piece. Really ticks me off that the engineers chose to make this simple part from 2 different castings. These can't be re machined to either/or , not enough material. Vendors of those repop mirrors cant offer the foot seperately either so...
I'm stuck with part of a part for over 3 years now. Maybe you'll find one at a swap meet ? Thanks in advance, Ben

nope :( but thanks anyway.
The mirror in my avatar is from a pic of D.O.H.s General Lee. Same mirror for many mopars. It was usually remote control. I have a NOS matching mirror for right side but it is missing the base.

I Have The Base Your Needing Its Like Your Photo But Pass Side I'll Let The Hole Mirror Go For 65.00 Plus Shipping Mike

I hope to find a 25 dollar base for the 75 dollar mirror I have. Thanks anyway.

that mirror is reproduced.
yeah it is repoped but no vendor of those can offer the base alone.
My mistake was buying a beautiful NOS remote control right hand mirror (made for Aussie RH drive) without knowing it would be impossible to find the base for it. Most right hand mirrors including the repops have a wide outer rim to the bowl but not this one I have.
My concious wont let me list it on ebay without telling interested buyers that they can't buy the needed base.
I'll find one eventually. Only 4 years into the search now.:banghead:

No, Thats thhe lil short one. I need the longer one like in my avatar.
Thanks anyway :)

:eek:ccasion::eek:ccasion: Sure hope it's yours........5 years to search for something on the internet is almost unheard of :smilebox:

RedFish, I had to laugh at your ebay handle (if that's you that won the auction) ... 1HillBillyBob??? Too funny!

As an aside, I've been looking for a passenger side mirror to match my driver's side ever since I bought the car in 1991. Glad to hear it only took you five years to find your missing part. :-D

HECK NO :(
Hillbillybob outbid me in the final seconds. Sniper !
Maybe someday I can kick his hillbillybutt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back