Footbrake to transbrake comparison

-
I have a brake in my car but rarely use it, honestly I haven't used it enough to be comfortable with it. The brake I have will work in first or second and I bought it for some of the less than stellar tracks I run some street car shoot out type stuff. It feels like a dump truck taking off in second but will still run 1.51 60'.

I've considered taking the brake out and installing the RMVB I ran before. This car is driven on the street and holding a button on the shifter makes backing up a challenge in some situations.

Put an easy to reach toggle switch in the car for backing up. I never put one in mine but considered it several times getting my car in my tight garage space.

Put an easy to reach toggle switch in the car for backing up. I never put one in mine but considered it several times getting my car in my tight garage space.

Hadn't thought about that John. The button is actually on a toggle switch that I turn off when it's not needed. This was done just in case something, somehow got on the button at an inopportune time. The odds are slim I know, but things happen to me that don't happen to ordinary people. :lol: :realcrazy:

Or use the micro switch for the reverse lights on your shifter to trigger the brake. Then it’s hands free.

It takes two things to be consistent at winning, the driver and the car.
The driver being the most important.[/QUOTE100% AGREE, though it doesn't make you faster as you originally stated.

Or use the micro switch for the reverse lights on your shifter to trigger the brake. Then it’s hands free.

I actually triggered a relay with the backup lights but there was some odd back feed or something and it would blow fuses feeding the relay.

While I didn’t read the above.... t-brake is all about consistency.

good hook I’ll lower the launch rpm and run up on the converter. Hot track? I’ll raise my rpm closer to stall. It makes a diff on my small tire ladder set up

While I didn’t read the above.... t-brake is all about consistency.

good hook I’ll lower the launch rpm and run up on the converter. Hot track? I’ll raise my rpm closer to stall. It makes a diff on my small tire ladder set up

Yep. It’s also a tuning tool.

A bunch of the Super Stock guys I race with say there cars are faster off the foot brake than the transbrake, and will qualify like that. One guy could not get is car to hook on the transbrake, so he always foot brakes. The AMX I drive, has to run a Carter 525 CFM AFB, and doesn't have nearly enough pump shot to get the car to launch. So I have to use a transbrake

Last edited:
-
Back