For A Bodies User Name

-
Well, back in 1991 I started playing on this thing called "The Internet". There were no web browsers and pretty pictures back then. Everything was text based. I played on some bulletin boards back in the day, and was most likely the first person to choose the username "Mopar Man". I used it all over the place, and was known far and wide by that name.

Then came Mosaic, Netscape, IE, etc. I wanted to register a domain name, and my wife suggested "damnimcool.com" because I used to say that a lot to annoy a guy I knew. As the web grew, other people started calling themselves "Mopar Man" on the web, and some of them started to gain an unsavory reputation. People started confusing me with a couple other guys that I didn't want to be confused with, so I decided to choose a username I could use all over that most likely other people would not already be using.

So, I chose "damnimcooltom". Isn't it obvious?

My car is a 74 Dart Sport, and some day it will be bad to the bone, hence badsport.

Well, my handle really came about from playing COD online.. so everytime I died, someone would see "You killed OneOfMany" lol..

As far as A-body Mopars, I am that guy who's owned many over the years, from drivers to beaters to parts cars. I have acquired some over the years that need to be restored, and have kept them, moved them and stored them. Being ones that I feel have the potential to be nicely optioned, factory colored versions, I just couldn't let them go. Finally, I have got to a point in my life where I am able to start playing again, and thanks to this site, my motivation has remained high. I have been slowing acquiring the few parts I will need for them all, and hope to be able starting on them soon.

Now it's just a matter of which to do first.. can only do OneOfMany at a time lol..

Grant

Well, my handle really came about from playing COD online.. so everytime I died, someone would see "You killed OneOfMany" lol..

As far as A-body Mopars, I am that guy who's owned many over the years, from drivers to beaters to parts cars. I have acquired some over the years that need to be restored, and have kept them, moved them and stored them. Being ones that I feel have the potential to be nicely optioned, factory colored versions, I just couldn't let them go. Finally, I have got to a point in my life where I am able to start playing again, and thanks to this site, my motivation has remained high. I have been slowing acquiring the few parts I will need for them all, and hope to be able starting on them soon.

Now it's just a matter of which to do first.. can only do OneOfMany at a time lol..

Grant

HOW FUNNY.. my cod name was "sum1@random" for the same reason. you killed sum1@random

Mine is based on the the two 64s my wife and I own so 64 x 2........

Pete

Anna is a very pretty name! My Grandmother was Anna Callander. My most recent MOPAR is a 75 Dart Sport 360. It's rust free and highly optioned. Was B5 blue soon to be black. My name is Dan.

Referring to AbodyBetty's real name.

My favorite band is Rush, so I use Syrinx (2112: Temples of Syrinx). BTW I have a Slant Six '75 Duster, which my friends called 'Tamarindo' (Tamarind), because it was Inca Gold Poly color (I guess!), now it's Sublime Green and in the long process of restoration. Regards from Hermosillo, Mexico.

When I played football the coach had nic names for all of us, mine was freight train, got shortened to FT now that I'm much older I chose to put Mr. in front of it. So now I'm "Mr.FT"

Where I live (Orange County, SoCal) and my A-body ('69 Dart), therefore "ocdart"

I also wanted to have something that would relate to my cars. The road is for the '69 Road Runner, and the cuda is for what is now two, Barracudas. The first a '64 and now also a '65 formula "S".

a buddy from work 10 years ago was buggin me about my gray hair and now everybody calls me silverfox

I bought my Duster from David Freiburger of Hot Rod Magazine. It was one of his X project cars. I think he was contemplating doing a Baja race with it. He was thinning his herd two years ago and gave me a good price. So.....

DFX 340 Duster = David Freiburger's X 340 Duster

which may fool a few old racers who remember the old NHRA F/X classification for Factory Experimental.

Well my dad always said that a Valiant looked like a HIPPO on wheels ?
But to me it is sweet !!! Love my vert

sr = my home town Santa Rosa, 71 = the year I was born, mopar

-
Back