for all of you beer drinkers...

-

mtandrews

beware the Ides of March
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Sometimes when I reflect on all the beer I drink, I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. I think, "It is better to drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."

Babe Ruth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

Lyndon B. Johnson

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading."

Paul Horning

~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not."

H. L. Mencken

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"When we drink, we get drunk. When we get drunk, we fall asleep. When we fall asleep, we commit no sin. When we commit no sin, we go to heaven. So, let's all get drunk and go to heaven!"

George Bernard Shaw

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.."

Benjamin Franklin

"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."

Dave Barry

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.!

W. C. Fields

Remember "I" before "E," except in Budweiser.

Professor Irwin Corey

To some it's a six-pack, to me it's a Support Group Salvation in a can!

Leo Durocher

~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One night at “Cheers”, Cliff Calvin explained the" Buffalo Theory" to his buddy Norm:

"Well, ya see, Norm, it's like this. A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members! In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells
. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine! That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.."

A different outlook from another perspective, Beer kills more persons then all the illegal drugs combined.

The Hypocrisy of Alcohol and Drug Laws

Marijuana is illegal in most of the world, while alcohol is legal, despite the fact that alcohol is a far more dangerous drug than marijuana in every way. People consider marijuana to be a dangerous drug, while they think of alcohol as being a fun beverage. They consider those who sell marijuana to be drug dealers, the scourge of society who should be hunted down and imprisoned, while those who sell alcohol (wine makers, grocery stores) are viewed as respectable citizens.

Logically speaking, it should be the other way around. Alcohol tends to make many people aggressive, leading to a variety of violent crimes, while marijuana does not. Alcohol is a central nervous system depressant, and leads to a serious loss of coordination and motor skills. At larger doses, alcohol renders one completely unconscious. Drunk drivers cause enormous numbers of automobile accidents and deaths. Marijuana is not a central nervous system depressant, and while one probably shouldn't drive while intoxicated on anything, it simply does not cause anywhere near the loss of motor control that alcohol does, and is only a fraction as dangerous as alcohol in terms of driving. And, a large enough dose of alcohol can and will kill you, while the same is not true of marijuana.

But people are looking at this based on their feelings. Marijuana feels like a drug to them. It's illegal, isn't it? Alcohol feels like a fun beverage. It's legal, and socially acceptable, so it feels ok, so it must be ok. So the same cop who arrests someone for possessing Marijuana, can LEGALLY go home and get plastered on Jim Beam or Jack Daniel's alcohol. All of this is illogical and stupid, and typically human. It is tragic!

on a similar vein Thank You California for not legalizing Marijuana thus insuring top dollar for BC bud on the black market and shot in the arm to the local economy for all the BC growers who in turn spend their ill gotten gains locally keeping our economy growing and prosperous

"In the blue corner we have a 200lb drunkard and in the red corner a 143lb pothead."

A different outlook from another perspective, Beer kills more persons then all the illegal drugs combined.

The Hypocrisy of Alcohol and Drug Laws

Marijuana is illegal in most of the world, while alcohol is legal, despite the fact that alcohol is a far more dangerous drug than marijuana in every way. People consider marijuana to be a dangerous drug, while they think of alcohol as being a fun beverage. They consider those who sell marijuana to be drug dealers, the scourge of society who should be hunted down and imprisoned, while those who sell alcohol (wine makers, grocery stores) are viewed as respectable citizens.

Logically speaking, it should be the other way around. Alcohol tends to make many people aggressive, leading to a variety of violent crimes, while marijuana does not. Alcohol is a central nervous system depressant, and leads to a serious loss of coordination and motor skills. At larger doses, alcohol renders one completely unconscious. Drunk drivers cause enormous numbers of automobile accidents and deaths. Marijuana is not a central nervous system depressant, and while one probably shouldn't drive while intoxicated on anything, it simply does not cause anywhere near the loss of motor control that alcohol does, and is only a fraction as dangerous as alcohol in terms of driving. And, a large enough dose of alcohol can and will kill you, while the same is not true of marijuana.

But people are looking at this based on their feelings. Marijuana feels like a drug to them. It's illegal, isn't it? Alcohol feels like a fun beverage. It's legal, and socially acceptable, so it feels ok, so it must be ok. So the same cop who arrests someone for possessing Marijuana, can LEGALLY go home and get plastered on Jim Beam or Jack Daniel's alcohol. All of this is illogical and stupid, and typically human. It is tragic!

I was going to reply to this, but forgot what I read...

oh well

Just like the idiosyncrasies of governing one's life and the disposition of groups who want to run your life instead of one, thinking for themselves as I put forth the constant reminder of how alcohol kills rather then soothes. The common sense factor is almost lost in the free world because decisions are being made for you and you welcome those who make them because you haven't the time nor the common sense to achieve higher knowledge.

Cannucky, I too am thankful for the California thingie not passing but its not passing was caused by politics at its peak. You see, RJ Reynolds has been buying up land in the northern California and the southern Oregon region where the soil is.... oh well, you know the rest of the story. Soon it will come up again on the ballad and when RJ is finished buying up, it will then pass.

Police: Do you know how fast you were going?
Stoner: No. Couldn't have been more than 55 or 60?
Police: SEVEN!! SEVEN MILES AN HOUR! ON THE FREEWAY!!!

I just had the pot conversation last night with my wife.

She had a coworker confiding in her about her Son who was murdered a year ago on halloween over a $10.00 bag of pot, then we reflected on my Sister in Law who is in prison for killing two people in a pot related motor vehicle wreck.

Also reflected on her brain dead cousin who's brain is fried from a spiked joint he bought from his "friends."

Then my Brother who took 4 years after he quit smoking pot to start recollecting childhood memories again, and the cat scan showing the inactive dead spots in his brain.

Yeah, pot is harmless.

I'm sure alot of people can smoke the crap out of it daily and function just as anyone else, but there are also those that have not such good results.

Just another perspective, and not to bash those who smoke as I did my share in my day.Just glad I quit years before I reproduced.

I just had the pot conversation last night with my wife.

She had a coworker confiding in her about her Son who was murdered a year ago on halloween over a $10.00 bag of pot, then we reflected on my Sister in Law who is in prison for killing two people in a pot related motor vehicle wreck.

Also reflected on her brain dead cousin who's brain is fried from a spiked joint he bought from his "friends."

Then my Brother who took 4 years after he quit smoking pot to start recollecting childhood memories again, and the cat scan showing the inactive dead spots in his brain.

Yeah, pot is harmless.

I'm sure alot of people can smoke the crap out of it daily and function just as anyone else, but there are also those that have not such good results.

Just another perspective, and not to bash those who smoke as I did my share in my day.Just glad I quit years before I reproduced.

+1 Thanks for sharing, I was raised by a burn out father, not a pleasurable upbringing. There were years that pot was more inportant than Christmas for my sister and I...

She had a coworker confiding in her about her Son who was murdered a year ago on halloween over a $10.00 bag of pot

These points would probably be moot if marijuana was legalized as you don't hear about people killing each other over 12 packs of beer or spiked bottles of Miller Lite.

Just sayin :dontknow:

+1 Thanks for sharing, I was raised by a burn out father, not a pleasurable upbringing. There were years that pot was more inportant than Christmas for my sister and I...

And not to make light of your situation, because that sounds terrible...but, there are just as many (or more) cases of alcoholics also ruining their families.

...but, there are just as many (or more) cases of alcoholics also ruining their families.
Many, many untold countless tens of thousands more. Probably like 10,000 bad alcoholic dads (or moms) to every one bad pothead dad.

Just a guess. I could be wrong. Maybe it's only 1000-to-1 or 100-to-1.

And not to make light of your situation, because that sounds terrible...but, there are just as many (or more) cases of alcoholics also ruining their families.

I agree but I also know first hand that MJ is not nearly as innocent as supporters make it out to be, not to say that alcohol is either. Moderation is key...

,Cliff

-
Back