(For Sale?) Hello VIVIAN!! 1967 Barracuda Fastback resto.

-
Dude you are so lucky. You have all the stuff still. I plan on using your pics as reference for my project. I'm not nearly as lucky as you. I'm starting with just a shell (minus front fenders and grill), 4 wheels, and a kindergarten schoolchair in the driver position.

Maybe it is living in atlanta that makes me say the things i do. Ive been kinda stressful ever since i moved up here. I just thought it was rude. the ''If I ever need a blue collar job after college my job security is safe'' ......ticked me off. I spent a lot of cash going to school and alot of time on being a mechanic. Doesnt excuse me calling u an *** tho. Next time ill just keep my mouth shut! :silent: heh, found the perfect face for it.

dead end kid. i think your talking about the unintended acceleration deal in the early 90s that happened with audi, pretty sure it was the audi 5000. Pretty much the customers were hitting the gas pedal instead of the brake pedal when not paying attention because they are placed closer together than american cars. They did this for manually downshifting under heavy braking to match revs for racing. audi got killed by the 60 minutes report on that according to the old doods in my shop. along with some other problems they had. Maybe why they didnt have a recall on it. I seem to remember seeing a technical service bulletin somewhere on that a while back. I still kinda find it hard to believe the dealer didnt pay for it if it was done there seeing as they could get sued. who knows...u never really know the whole story lol. i know i never get it. Audi also had a pretty funny issue a few years ago with the heated steering wheel staying on and it getting really hot, people would drive up to the dealer with oven mittens on. funniest thing ive ever seen

That’s pretty funny man, I didn’t realize that Audi didn’t do the whole ASE certification thing, seems about right. Well just an FYI it was a dealers technician who destroyed the motor that was partly why I was so overwhelmed as to how the dealership didn’t cover it under warranty. Must just be an Oklahoma thing haha. Sorry to hurt your feelings but as you said, timing that motor is pretty simple so there must have been something else wrong of course. It doesn’t even matter now because she runs like a champ, right about 24mpg in town and 29highway, not great but better than my 6.0 GMC crew cab. Best regards bud.

The above polite and courteous reply is what I would call very good grace in circumstances that perhaps warranted a different response. Kudos to you.

Yep i think it was pretty nice myself considering what i said and the way i took his post about the audi thing. Reading back throught it maybe i did miss the compitent people in the trade thing. But like i said, next time ill just keep it quiet. Didnt mean to turn your post into this, sorry. Take it easy.

Wow. Just now getting back on The forum. Crazy how time has passed. This car has sat in my fathers garage for the last 12 years. It’s a shame that I lost interest. Anyone know of someone who could give this car a good home? Thinking of selling to the right buyer. I am open to delivery if needed.

Wow. Just now getting back on The forum. Crazy how time has passed. This car has sat in my fathers garage for the last 12 years. It’s a shame that I lost interest. Anyone know of someone who could give this car a good home? Thinking of selling to the right buyer. I am open to delivery if needed.
If you want to sell it you will need to start a sale thread in the proper sale forum. You haven't been here for 15 years and may be don't know how things are done.

-
Back