For sure not a A-body but a old Chrysler

-

straightlinespeed

Sometimes I pretend to be normal
Reaction score
This is on my local K-bid and it intrigued me. Not to buy but I've never seen one before. Does anyone know anything about this.

http://k-bid.com/auction/2082/item/7

7-1.jpg

7-2.jpg

7-3.jpg

7-4.jpg

like the door says a simca .at 1st i thought it was a Renault dalpine both where rear engine . all i can do for ya

(From Wikipedia)

Simca (Société Industrielle de Mécanique et Carrosserie Automobile) (Mechanical and Automotive Body Manufacturing Company) was a French automaker, founded in November 1934 by Fiat and directed from July 1935 to May 1963 by Italian Henri Théodore Pigozzi (born Enrico Teodoro Pigozzi, 1898–1964). Simca was affiliated with Fiat and then, after Simca bought Ford's French activities, became increasingly controlled by the Chrysler Group. In 1970, Simca became a subsidiary and brand of Chrysler Europe, ending its period as an independent company. Simca disappeared in 1978, when Chrysler divested its European operations to another French automaker, PSA Peugeot Citroën. PSA replaced the Simca brand with Talbot after a short period when some models were badged as Simca-Talbots.
During most of its post-war activity, Simca was one of the biggest automobile manufacturers in France. The Simca 1100 was for some time the best-selling car in France, while the Simca 1307 and Simca Horizon won the coveted European Car of the Year title in 1976 and 1978, respectively — these models were badge engineered as products of other marques in some countries. For instance the Simca 1307 was sold in Britain as the Chrysler Alpine, and the Horizon was also sold under the Chrysler brand.
Simca vehicles were also manufactured by Simca do Brasil in São Bernardo do Campo, Brazil, and Barreiros (another Chrysler subsidiary) in Spain. They were also assembled in Chile, Colombia[citation needed] and the Netherlands[1] during the Chrysler era.

Chrysler
In 1958, the American car manufacturer Chrysler Corporation, which wanted to enter the European car market, bought 15% of the Simca stocks from Ford in a deal which Henry Ford II was later reported as having publicly regretted. At this stage, however, the dominant shareholder remained Fiat, and their influence is apparent in the engineering and design of Simcas of that period such as the 1000 and 1300 models introduced respectively in 1961 and 1963. However, in 1963 Chrysler increased their stake to a controlling 64% by purchasing stock from Fiat, and they subsequently extended that holding further to 77%. Even in 1971 Fiat retained a 19% holding, but by now they had long ceased to play an active role in the business.
Also, in 1964 Chrysler bought the British manufacturer Rootes thus putting together the basis of Chrysler Europe. All the Simca models manufactured after 1967 had the Chrysler pentastar logo as well as Simca badging. In 1961 Simca started to manufacture all of its models in the ex-Ford SAF factory in Poissy and sold the factory at Nanterre to Citroën. The rear-engined Simca 1000 was introduced in 1961 with its sporting offspring, the Simca-Abarth in 1963. The 1000 also served as the platform for the 1000 Coupe, a handsome sports coupe sporting a Bertone-designed body by Giorgetto Giugiaro and 4-wheel disc brakes. It debuted in 1963 and was described by Car Magazine as "the world's neatest small coupe". 1967 saw the more powerful 1200S Bertone Coupe that, with a horsepower upgrade in 1970, could reach the dizzying speed of almost 112 mph (180 km/h), making it the fastest standard production Simca ever built.[20] In 1967 a much more up to date car, the 1100, appeared with front wheel drive and independent suspension all round, and continued in production until 1979. On 1 July 1970 the company title was formally changed to Chrysler France.

Collapse of Chrysler Europe
The most successful pre-Chrysler Simca models were the Aronde, the Simca 1000 and the front-engined 1100 compact. During the late 1970s Chrysler era, Simca produced the new 160/180 saloon, 1307 range (Chrysler Alpine in the UK) and later the Horizon, (Dodge Omni and Plymouth Horizon in the USA), both of which were named European Car of the Year at launch. However, Chrysler's forced marriage of Simca and Rootes was not a happy one: Chrysler Europe collapsed in 1977 and the remains were sold to Peugeot the following year. The Rootes models were quickly killed off, and the Simca-based Alpine/1307 and Horizon soldiered on through the first half of the 1980s using the resurrected Talbot badge. The last car to carry the Simca badge was the 1980 Solara, a 1307 with a boot, but by 1981 this had become a Talbot, thus ending the Simca marque entirely.

Very interesting read, There is also a Chrysler Alpine for sale locally here, that I posted about awhile back. Thanks for the input everyone.. I just never heard of a Simca, so I didnt think to look it up.

you see those in new Zealand and in India too......in fact there was one very similar that was a co-star in Harry Potter.

They are unique little cars, (make a unique sound) I had the pleasure of riding in one very similar and I wont say its more comfy than my dart but it will sure get you from point A to point B .....eventually

:)

Attachments

• !BejBff!!Wk~$(KGrHqYOKioErzMy(dvEBK9v)!M-G!~~_35.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 345
  • 1959-Simca-Ad-Chrysler-International.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 347
  • 4cfaf1873bd75a5c6c239db66b90dc08.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 343
  • Simca Ad 1960 Skiing.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 323
I like it ...the more I look at it, the more I would buy if it were closer to me .....that would make a very fun Go-Kart.

like the door says a simca .at 1st i thought it was a Renault dalpine both where rear engine . all i can do for ya

It does resemble the Renault line.

Everyone looked at me strange when I just had to grab a pic of this one ....I think its a Gazelle.

This was in Hyderabad, India

Attachments

• CIMG5178.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 304
It does resemble the Renault line.

Everyone looked at me strange when I just had to grab a pic of this one ....I think its a Gazelle.

This was in Hyderabad, India

It is cool looking. Like it has scowling eyes

First summer that I worked for my friend Tony in Vintage and touring car race prep & restoration we had the Car from Hell, an Abarth Simca Corsa 2000 GT, to get put back together in time for the auction at the Monterrey Historics (this weekend incidentally).
Simca is French, Abarth is an Italian Co. founded by an Austrian who used parts from where ever he could scrounge them. For example, it had a Lucas generator controlled by a Magnetti-Marelli regulator. It could not get more screwed up that that!

They took that poor little 1100cc Simca push-rod block, bored and stroked it to 2000cc, fitted it with an 8 valve - 8 spark-plug DOHC Hemi cylinder head, and put 58mm Weber sidedrafts on it! The intake actually had holes at the bottom of each funnel shaped runner to drain out the liquid fuel because the carbs were so big that it would barely run below about 4000 rpm. Would not surprise me if the engine pic is the actual car that I worked on.
Footnote, those 58mm Webers were only ever used on one other engine, the BRM Formula One V-16. Last that I knew they were worth about $10,000 EACH!

I am going with a Renault,,,my uncle was given a dealership in lui of payment one year...I don't think simcas were ever sold in Canada,,

nah, that was a Ford Anglia:)

wow you are right....I thought it was a Simca but I looked it up and its a Ford Anglia .......I guess I don't know little euro cars

Its about time for another Harry potter marathon.....usually something I do yearly LOL

Attachments

• ford_anglia.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 141
-
Back