For the big block guys from 440source

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Coming soon... Our own engine mounts! These are used on B bodies from 1966-72, C bodies from 1966-73 and E bodies from 1970-74. These were originally made by Chrysler as part number 2536121, and the original NOS Chrysler ones are awesome quality (or at least they were when the rubber wasn't 60 years old..) Then the aftermarket took over and started making them as part number "2250." There used to be a dozen aftermarket companies offering them. Over the years, they have consolidated and bought each other out, to where now there are only two manufacturers. They are both made overseas, and quite frankly, the quality is absolutely horrible. One manufacturer's doesn't fit the K-member correctly. The other doesn't fit the engine support brackets correctly. The welding of the nuts to the steel ears is so bad that about 20% of the time when you tighten the bolt, the welds break and the nut snaps off the ears. The steel used for the backing is half as thick as the original Chrysler ones. We could go on and on. Anyhow, soon all those issues will be fixed. We are releasing these mounts which are absolutely dimensionally and functionally identical to the original NOS Chrysler ones in every way. And they will only be a few bucks more than the junk ones that are currently available. Look for them in about 2-3 months!

C2C00025-81B2-443B-B822-C8499AA67874.jpeg

What are you doing lurking at 440 source, aren't you a small block guy. lol
It's great to see 440 source adding needed products to their inventory.
Thanks for the update

440 source would be Gods Amongst Mopar fans if the developed their own 4.500 bore 400 & 440 blocks like the bmp stuff. But sold them for $2500 not $6000 or $7000.

440 source would be Gods Amongst Mopar fans if the developed their own 4.500 bore 400 & 440 blocks like the bmp stuff. But sold them for $2500 not $6000 or $7000.

I was on the list for two of them many many years ago. They took a survey and a quick order list but when it came down to it they couldn’t produce them for the price they were aiming for. Production costs were way to high to permit it.

I was on the list for two of them many many years ago. They took a survey and a quick order list but when it came down to it they couldn’t produce them for the price they were aiming for. Production costs were way to high to permit it.
Here's what I would do. I would say to people who want cool **** for a good price, come on over and let's cast some blocks, or something like that

Here's what I would do. I would say to people who want cool **** for a good price, come on over and let's cast some blocks, or something like that
If I knew how to make castings I'd be doing it under the night skies and machine them at work.

I think you found your calling, casting blocks, may as well cast heads while you're at it.
Grab Tim and start casting under the Yakima Valley moon.
6 gingerales should keep him awake through the night.:D

I think you found your calling, casting blocks, may as well cast heads while you're at it.
Grab Tim and start casting under the Yakima Valley moon.
6 gingerales should keep him awake through the night.:D
Lol, that's an awesome plan !

Easily remidied, but it's too bad they have to put their name on everything.
Why not put their name on it? Blueprint Engines now makes quite a few parts and are not bashful in putting their name on them. I only wish we had the volume & demand that Chevy & Ford people have so BPE would make blocks, intakes, and heads for us too.

Why not put their name on it? Blueprint Engines now makes quite a few parts and are not bashful in putting their name on them. I only wish we had the volume & demand that Chevy & Ford people have so BPE would make blocks, intakes, and heads for us too.
It just looks goofy in my opinion.

I agree - we can only dream of having the aftermarket support the other guys have. We're lucky for everything we do have.

If only it was that easy. Casting requires huge amounts of up-front capital for the materials and equipment. Manufacturers of metal parts generally don't bother with it until they know for sure they'll be making a large volume. Just the molds alone are crazy complex, look at even our old-school blocks then try to imagine the "inverse" of that, made out of sand that holds its shape and withstands molten metal being poured into it. I'm FAR from an expert on it but just barely know enough to know it's not a joke. Reminds me of the story about the first 426 Hemi blocks made for NASCAR in 1964, just modifying the existing RB molds for thicker cylinder walls required several runs to get them right.

-
Back