For you GM "haters"

-

67Dart273

Reaction score

Attachments

• PP.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 418
What are you talking about, MoPar or no car for me.

All you need to do is read the post!!!! "Power Pak" came right out of a Mopar publication yet it's often claimed to be a "Chivvy only" term

All you need to do is read the post!!!! "Power Pak" came right out of a Mopar publication yet it's often claimed to be a "Chivvy only" term

Really... In all my Mopar years I never heard the Power Pak term related to a Chevy. I'm not saying you're wrong, I just never heard that term related to Chevy. However, what was neat in your second link was page 5, "Terminology". They define "rat" as a "bad running car", a rat motored Chevy fits that definition! :smile:

I think the 283 4 bbl in 1957 was the Chevy power pack option. Offered for a few years I trhink

I have heard the term "power pack" in GM form. A Power Pack 283 comes to mind.
But I dismissed the term as being fictional when associated with chevrolet. LOL

All I ever heard Power Pack associated with was chebbie. Ever. However, I'll go you one you may or may not know. GM STILL pays copyright to Chrysler for the use of the name Suburban. Chrysler used it first.

Yup. When I 'got into cars' as a young man, every Chebbie on the planet either had to be a 'Vette engine or have "power pak" heads. This was when the first "camel hump" heads were starting to show up used, and of course they were coveted. "Fuelie" heads, LOL. This Power Pak business was brought up on here some time ago. This here is proof---it's also a Mopar term, LOL

It really makes no difference what you call them, I will allways be a "GM hater" I guess....LOL

Yup. When I 'got into cars' as a young man, every Chebbie on the planet either had to be a 'Vette engine or have "power pak" heads. This was when the first "camel hump" heads were starting to show up used, and of course they were coveted. "Fuelie" heads, LOL. This Power Pak business was brought up on here some time ago. This here is proof---it's also a Mopar term, LOL

Power Pak or "Double Hump" heads are what are sitting on the 350 going in my suburban.

had to be a 'Vette engine
that's the one I love- when someone says they have a 'vette engine in their car (like the guy who used to visit my neighbour with his 80-ish 4 door Impala) I feel like saying "so you took an engine from a slow car and put it in something that will make it slower...impressive..."

I did carry a GM brake rotor in my Dodge one time. It was only about 4 miles and nothing was hurt.

-
Back