Forced induction fuel system

-
What do you use and what options are there? Cheap and expensive.

I read in two different chevy mags about using a mech marine pump. Not sure if that would work though.

i have a 2002 dakota 5.9 R/T with a kenne bell wipple charger i went to 40lbs injector and with the K.B they have a place on the intake to install to more injectors so it has 2 62lbs injectors there i run a stock dakota in tank fuel pump but it is set up to run at 12 volts when no boost but when called for it runs on 16volts doesn't up the fuel pressure but it does up the amount of fuel flow im running 9 lbs of boost and have no problems with it at all and i can say it all makes that 5.9 dakots run like hellllllllllllll

i have a 2002 dakota 5.9 R/T with a kenne bell wipple charger i went to 40lbs injector and with the K.B they have a place on the intake to install to more injectors so it has 2 62lbs injectors there i run a stock dakota in tank fuel pump but it is set up to run at 12 volts when no boost but when called for it runs on 16volts doesn't up the fuel pressure but it does up the amount of fuel flow im running 9 lbs of boost and have no problems with it at all and i can say it all makes that 5.9 dakots run like hellllllllllllll

Sounds like a cool set up! How long will the FP last zapping it with 16V?

I am running Bosch 160lb Low Impedance Injectors on mine. I am using a Versafueler to run them. Idle quality is supposed to be really good with it when running big injectors.

http://www.acceleronics.com/versafueler.htm

How many GPH is the A1000 rated at?

I run a single Holley 950 supercharger carb on a B+M 174 Roots blower with a Paxton 180 GPH fuel pump. Anything more than 1/4 mile and fuel pressure WILL dip down to below 4 psi.

actually i think you divide it by 6... so 100 gph. I could be wrong tho

I use a magna fuel 500. Mine makes 1100 horsepower at the flywheel with 2 quick fuel dominators on 14 pounds of boost with a 10 percent overdriven 10-71 with Teflon strips. I run 6 pounds of fuel pressure.

What should I use, I have 318 with v2 vortech supercharger and hoping to run 8 - 10 psi, also does fuel pump need to be lower that the fuel tank

Their is so much poor information it isn't even funny. On a budget, twin Walbro 255 (GL392) work great for anything building over 600HP at the crank. One can be operated via toggle or Hobbs switch. The Aeromotive A1000 pump is also a great option for most builds if budget allows, as it is great flowing for a single pump and has generally good reliability. Don't attempt running your factory mechanical fuel pump, this just sounds absolutely ridiculous. It is intended for 6-7psi, even running low boost pressures it will not be capable of supporting the pressure and flow requirements. A boost referenced regulator is mandatory, why individuals try to 'cheap out' and modify $30 Chinese fuel pressure regulators to regulate fuel pressure under boost for their $5,000 longblock is beyond me. Fuel pressure is critical on forced induction applications. Their are plenty of boost referenced regulators on the second hand market for a fraction of the cost of a new one, please use this option on a budget. As for carburetors, you can purchase used CSU carburetors that are boost referenced for $500 on the used market. 'Hanger 18 mods' on a basic 4150 series 750 Holley work fairly well if you do everything correctly, but always to a point. 8an forward, and 10an return lines should be standard on f/I applications. You can do it right, and inexpensive as well. You just need to do your homework.

Everyone likes to focus on fuel PSI.. but remember you still need to calculate the VOLUME of fuel delivered at that PSI.

-
Back