Ford engine question.

-
There was a 57 t-bird running around my area many years ago. It had some sort of aftermarket fastback roof on it..... and a dual fourbarrel 427 S.O.H.C crate motor in it.
The engine compartment was literally wall-to-wall cammer.

We have some real old performance intake gaskets at work, I'm looking up at the boss 302 & next to it a small block Chevy...oh wait no that's a MaxWedge intake gasket.

Clearly, Ford built some extraordinary intake port heads. Too bad they compromised the exhausts (and usually the camshafts) on every one of them.
Ever try to change the plugs in a 428 cj in a mustang or torino?

Clearly, Ford built some extraordinary intake port heads. Too bad they compromised the exhausts (and usually the camshafts) on every one of them.
I seem to think you have to raise or remove the engine? there is no access through the fender wells...

I have, not fun, even a Maverick with a 302 is a challenge, damn shock towers.

Yeah, the '66 Ranchero was that transitional year that took 3 MoFoCo parts books to find things for it. :BangHead: :rolleyes: But I loved it anyway and the Novas hated it :lol:

At least the '69s were full on Fairlane/Torino. Leaving the Falcon platform behind made for much better engine bay access.
Don't forget the one year only 1970 Falcon that was based on the Torino body.

Yup that's a Cleveland. Great engine!

Here is the stamping on the heads Rusty.

43AAFE48-8E58-45D0-827F-D171685EE50E.jpeg

Yup, dems foe barrah heads alright. Most likely open chamber. Still good heads though.

It’s a strong running motor. 3:25 gears and it still pulls hard off the line. We tore the rear end apart this weekend and found out one of the previous owners installed a spool in it.

It’s a strong running motor. 3:25 gears and it still pulls hard off the line. We tore the rear end apart this weekend and found out one of the previous owners installed a spool in it.
Well hot dang! Is it a mini spool? Full size spool?

-
Back