Ford Vs Ferrari Movie

-
Here is another take on the same period of racing. Interesting in its own right.

I really enjoyed the movie. I do wish I was from that era. kinda makes me want a cobra, lol.

I took three ten-year olds, my son and his two school pals whom are twins. Luckily it wasn’t a Democratic vote on what movie to see instead it was up to the person which financed the whole endeavor. It was a long movie to take three boys to especially when you ad in the fifteen plus minutes of ads before anything starts. The boys were entertained and interested, I could tell by the questions afterward.

At two & half hours There are A LOT of errors that just are inexcusable which is a shame because it is a good story.

It’s just a movie and I enjoyed it.

I would be interested in the errors that you found. I was into cars much later and I don't know the in inaccuracies.

For example: In ‘63 Ford had negotiated to purchase the production business and the race business from Ferrari. In the movie some of this is portrayed but it has Ferrari using the Ford offer to bargain more money from the Agnelli family (FIAT), eventually FIAT would purchase Ferrari but not until 1969.
The movie shows Enzo Ferrari in the pits which he never did - This sort of movie stuff doesn’t bother me but I do notice these details.

Thanks. Sometimes you can Hollywood a film without ruining the authenticity. I didn't know if this was the case.

I had a vacation day from work today (max'd out on vacation time and had to burn some to keep accumulating) and finally went to see the movie.
Both my wife and I fully enjoyed it - and she's not a 'car person'.
I grew up during the movie time frame and know most of the story. Yeah, there were a few inaccuracies but overall really a good movie.
Loved the soundtrack and was very disappointed to find out it isn't available on a CD, only in MP3 format.
Seeing all the old cars and period-correct product banners at the various race tracks was outstanding.
I just may go and see the movie again.

-
Back