forget the Stupid USPS..no wonder they lose money every year

-
I've had great luck with USPS. Some vendors that I deal with ship USPS and I always get my stuff in one piece, undamaged and within 3 days of the shipping date, even when shipping from Florida. Having said that, I did get a letter from my Mom years ago about a month late about her having heart surgery. It was mangled and grease stained, so I was thinking it got stuck in a sorting machine. 1 out of, maybe 3000 in my lifetime is not a bad deal.

In contrast, UPS is really good at crushing computer cases and just this week FedEx dropped a sensitive package off at the wrong address, 10 30 round AR-15 magazines from Magpul here in Boulder. The address on the package was 100% correct and thank goodness my neighbor 3 blocks away was a veteran and cool about it. He did some research, got my phone number and gave me a call.... :)

i am going to start sending boxes Fed-ex

i hope its not the same for everyone but the post office has the audacity to charge more and take longer.

You can save some money by opening an account with FedEx. I fill out the label & shipping form with account #, take everything to the FedEx location and they charge my on-file credit card. They say you save up to 16%. I've always liked their detailed tracking too.

USPS seems to be less expensive when you ship stuff weighing a few pounds or less. But the Priority Flat Rate Boxes can be a deal where you can print & pay for them online and save a bit too after opening an account. Take it to the PO, they confirm and packages are on their way!

I collect boxes & packing material from work to use for shipping. Not fun storing the stuff, but it sure comes in handy when you gotta "insulate" some items and reinforce the boxes.

Last November, FedEx lost one of my SS leaf springs coming from the Summit hub in Ga. How? Hell if I know! The springs weren't even in a package, the just had a tag wrapped around them so you know they stick out from the other parcels and how you loose an odd and heavy item like that has got me freakin' clueless!

Last November, FedEx lost one of my SS leaf springs coming from the Summit hub in Ga. How? Hell if I know! The springs weren't even in a package, the just had a tag wrapped around them so you know they stick out from the other parcels and how you loose an odd and heavy item like that has got me freakin' clueless!

Funny, same thing happened to me, UPS lost one of my SS springs too :banghead:

Funny, same thing happened to me, UPS lost one of my SS springs too :banghead:

Hmm, someone has a pair now. Maybe a whole bunch of pairs trying to find a matching pair.

If you ask me, USPS needs to tighten the belts on deliveries to make ends meet. 3 day a week residential delivery, if you want 6 get a PO box. Door delivery only for oversized, certified, or COD only, otherwise put up boxes in residential areas for letters. They could run in the black but they don't even try since they don't really have to.

Never,Never,never send anything you care about... parcel post. I had gauges sent a member here that didn't make it. PO said we cant help you because it wasn't insured and you sent it parcel post and will take up to 30 days now for parcel packages "with all the changes we are going through." So I opened 3 escalation cases, and 1 to the Mail Recovery center and filed a claim. Every response was so.......what do you want us to do.........you sent it parcel post and it wasn't insured. Sorry tough luck your loss.

Never,Never,never send anything you care about... parcel post. I had gauges sent a member here that didn't make it. PO said we cant help you because it wasn't insured and you sent it parcel post and will take up to 30 days now for parcel packages "with all the changes we are going through." So I opened 3 escalation cases, and 1 to the Mail Recovery center and filed a claim. Every response was so.......what do you want us to do.........you sent it parcel post and it wasn't insured. Sorry tough luck your loss.

I haven't had an issue sending anything parcel post but I do insure it if I am the least bit concerned.

The package I was talking about above was over size and they wanted $55+ to ship it priority and it was $28 and change to ship it insured parcel post. Funny thing it got there in the same time I sent the Priority Mail package in, 3 days from Oklahoma to Arizona. The third package I sent uninsured parcel post and it took a week to get there so that tells me they handle insured mail differently. To ship it Priority Mail it would have killed the deal.

Insure it and if they loose it they pay for it....

Rani I have always had the best luck with USPS , I had 100 round case of very large caliber ammo shipped FedEx in February and they left it on the front porch I share with 3 other units and in plain site from the sidewalk , the box corner was mashed in hard enough to damage the 20 round box in that corner , that's a case that is clearly marked hazardous high explosive on all 6 sides , hit the primer on one of those rounds and all 100 are probably going off and people are getting shot 2 miles away just plain dumb .

-
Back