forget the Stupid USPS..no wonder they lose money every year

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
Reaction score
i am going to start sending boxes Fed-ex

i hope its not the same for everyone but the post office has the audacity to charge more and take longer.

i have been having some major problems with my P.O. they are not sending boxes on the day i take them......they dont scan tracking numbers. they damage boxes that i recieve.

No wonder they are losing millions of dollars a year.....maybe it wont be a bad thing if they go under and leave the shipping to private companies who thrive on real customer service.

not that UPS is any better .....they are the only ones i know who can break a 70 dart grille in half....dont ask me how that is done ...i would actually have to try and put some energy into doing that.

FED -EX for me is the best ....they are fast, competive, and have excellent INTL. service ...you call their 1- 800 number and a person comes on to solve your problem should you have one. :thumleft:

I have news for ya, DearHeart, Fed-ex has it's own bleached bones in the sun

I only ship USPS....still way cheaper that the other 2 places, I have never had issues with USPS and I ship several packages a week, sometimes everyday!!! Not sure why is so bad for you in CO Rani, but I hope it improves. If you buy any more parts from me, you will still get them USPS :D

BTW, I hate shipping plastic grilles, they are all so fragile and take a beating during shipping. Last grille I shipped was a NOS 68 Dart grille, I built a big wood crate for it and it was still was pretty cheap to send

Isn't Fedex and USPS in bed together now. There is even a Fedex box outside our post office now.

Why FedEx SmartPost?

When you need to ship low-weight packages to residential customers, consider efficient, economical FedEx SmartPost shipping service. By utilizing the U.S. Postal Service® (USPS) for final delivery, FedEx SmartPost reaches every U.S. address, including P.O. boxes and military APO, FPO and DPO destinations. You can even use FedEx SmartPost to ship to Alaska, Hawaii and all U.S. territories.

the latest thing USPS did was i sent a box ......almost 30 dollars ...good sized box .....and they stamp it return to sender ...send it back to my house and they wont give a refund or a reason why it was sent back.

so i basically paid them 30 dollars to take the box from the PO office downtown to my house. :banghead:

Sounds like a local problem as I have not had any issues with any package sent or recieved from any shipper.Remember these companies are run by people and people in general are flawed.Some just more so than others.

April 23 | Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:22pm EDT

April 23 (Reuters) - FedEx Corp said its FedEx Express subsidiary has entered into a seven-year express air transportation contract with the United States Postal Service for about $10.5 billion.
FedEx's current contract ends in September 2013, and the new contract will begin in October 2013.
The company on Tuesday also launched a new service to let customers select from a range of options to schedule dates, locations and times of delivery. Rival UPS began offering its "UPS My Choice" service more than a year ago.

Sent a cam,120 miles.$16.00,insured. Picked up the part,in person. The end of the box,looked like a dog chewed on it. The machinist stated ,"That's how,I received it". Generally had best luck,with"OOps!",so far. Seems like business packages, get treated more carefully,than private residential shipping.

As to your damaged boxes.....are you seeing to it that ALL of the open air space is filled with packing material? If not, then it is YOUR fault they are being damaged. Worked there for close to 20 years, never seen a properly packed box get wrecked. Keep mind that your package could be in the bottom of a BMC, that when filled can weigh close to a ton. If there is any open space in your box it WON'T be that way for long. When sealing the box if the flaps meet with no resistance you need to pack more material in it. You do realize that your package is only handled by a human 2 or three times once you drop it off. The rest of the time it is on a belt, getting pushed around by air assisted gates etc. Google Postal Apps machine and you will see what sorts the packages. The failure to scan......that is because the primary purpose of the scanners is not so that the customer can track its packages, that is secondary to Postal management keeping track of the Postal Employees in an an attempt at deleting jobs. That is why the tracking is such a joke, all you really need is delivery confirmation so you know that it was delivered. Lets say the last time a package showed up in there system was in Indiana, you being in Colorado and the receiver being in NJ. What are you going to do about the package being "lost" in Indiana? Good luck getting a phone number to the processing plant in Indiana. Even if you could do you really think whoever answered the phone would be able to find your package. You would hear something along the line of Ma'am, we have 80,000 packages on the floor right now, you do not really think we are going to be able find your one package do you?

April 23 | Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:22pm EDT

April 23 (Reuters) - FedEx Corp said its FedEx Express subsidiary has entered into a seven-year express air transportation contract with the United States Postal Service for about $10.5 billion.
FedEx's current contract ends in September 2013, and the new contract will begin in October 2013.
The company on Tuesday also launched a new service to let customers select from a range of options to schedule dates, locations and times of delivery. Rival UPS began offering its "UPS My Choice" service more than a year ago.

Any and all USPS mail that is transported by air is moved by FedEx, letters and all. There MIGHT be a very small percentage of it that gets moved by commercial airlines.......the FAA had a big part of that 13 oz sticker you see on the drop boxes.... Ever wonder why there is FedEx boxes on USPS property? It is part of the deal.

I just shipped a A/C condensor with all the hoses in the same box. It was packed really good with styrofoam sheeting on both sides and the hoses taped to plastic sheeting to keep them in place. It arrived with no damage shipping it parcel post.

Packing, Packing ,Packing. If it moves in the box chances of damage are good. Pack like it is glass and more than likely it gets there in one piece. I like the crate thing.

Back when I was buying a fair amount of used amateur radio gear, ALL of which is fragile, we used to pack it as if you were going to ship it, then take THAT box and put it a LARGER box with packing.

MOST of the time this worked, but when the gorillas at the UPS dock have a contest to see if it will drop off an 8--10 ft dock, nothing will save some stuff---even a crank or head.

The other important thing is that "they," "the thems" get to determine if it was packed correctly before payin' up insurance--and it "never is."

I just remembered I had a set of rods vanish from the Memphis Ten hub using UPS.I told my pick up guy the story and he's words were "we have had a lot of theft from that hud".

As to your damaged boxes.....are you seeing to it that ALL of the open air space is filled with packing material? If not, then it is YOUR fault they are being damaged. Worked there for close to 20 years, never seen a properly packed box get wrecked. Keep mind that your package could be in the bottom of a BMC, that when filled can weigh close to a ton. If there is any open space in your box it WON'T be that way for long. When sealing the box if the flaps meet with no resistance you need to pack more material in it.

This^^^^. I can attest to that as I haul packages at Christmas time for the PO.

I even hauled baby chicks shipped through the PO, and they survived in a cardboard box. Kinda made me think I was losing my mind when I went in my trailer and heard them chirping.

I can attest to the PO near Rani... She shipped me an item on the 6th of April...still don't have it and according to the tracking number, it never left Denver!! My postal lady keeps checking everyday and nothing, not a trace!! Must be one heck of a pile of boxes over in Colorado!!

:hippy2:Of course theres a pile of packages in Colorado...This is potfest week in Colorado hippy2:

the latest thing USPS did was i sent a box ......almost 30 dollars ...good sized box .....and they stamp it return to sender ...send it back to my house and they wont give a refund or a reason why it was sent back.

so i basically paid them 30 dollars to take the box from the PO office downtown to my house. :banghead:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!......oh man....sorry! Geez, c'mon, is that even possible OR LEGAL?! That's insane!!

-
Back