Forum names explained.

-
Shenango is a river running through Western PA. The name comes from a native American village near the town where I grew up. My Dad and I fished many places on the river and I have photographed many areas from the head waters at the Pymatuning reservoir to the confluence with the Beaver River near Pittsburgh. The Shenango River Valley is in my blood and always will be.

I found Moparts.com right after Al Gore invented the internet, and signed up in 1997 as JDMopar. I'm the same on every site I'm on because I don't want to have to remember who I am at wherever! I'm on a few Pontiac sites with this name and not one person has given me any crap about it...lol. I chose the name because my first name is Jackson and middle name is Dewain. Some of the guys at work called me JD, even though I go by Jackie....so JDMopar it was!

I go to parks at midnight and use the swings. I’ve done this since I was a child. I can’t stop.

IMG_6913.png

When I retired I decided my long-delayed desire for a fun 60's car was going to get filled. I had a 67 Dart and a 73 Duster way back in the day, and while I like other cars too, I have a stronger affinity for Mopars.

After much searching and evaluating, I decided I wanted a 66 Valiant, and luckily I found one in super shape only 40 miles away.

Fast forward a bit as I'm driving this thing all over, and people keep coming up asking what car it is. I tell them it's a Valiant and they don't get it. I ask them if they know what a Barracuda is. Of Course, they say! I explain that a Valiant is the same thing as a Barracuda from the doors forward. Therefor, it is a halfafish. And since my brain only sort-of works any more, I keep the same name on all the other forums.

Pretty obvious I hope + my age at the time. Next year my user name will be old enough to vote. Also made it before I read the second book and realized the twist about Paul, because, 15. I've changed it on discord to a reference made in the second book, that I think is funny but probably not everyone one else does.

Mine is a little obvious but I no longer have that car... I always loved the idea of the "sleeper" concept. This shitbox was fun to drive but a ***** to work on. The reactions from people when they get "spanked" by this thing was priceless!! The link is my last pass ever before I sold it that winter.
https://flic.kr/p/27kiVZs

-
Back