Forum names explained.

-
Mine comes from two of the three Mopars I own, a DUSTER
and an AARCUDA. My other Mopar is a 1937 Plymouth.

TrailBeast was a holdover from my Offroad and ATV forums, and a lot of people already knew me by that so I kept it.
"The TrailBeast" is actually my 500cc four stroke Honda dirtbike that my riding buddies named because of it being a "torque monster" in the trails.

< As opposed to Georgie Porgie or Curious George which I've been hearing for as long as I can remember!

That's just the way we talk up heya , and I don't pahk my cah in havaad yahd. But I got a wicked pissa plate "DUSTAH"

Just as shown in my Avatar. I have been accused of having no imagination or creativity. Should be spelled "HiPo" though. No longer "Old School" either in some ways but looks it.

first car forum a joined focused on the different models of Mitsubishi mirage (talk about cross pollination)

as with many car scenes, the big thing to do was spend tons of money to have your car look a certain way

well, I was young and didn't have a ton of money so instead of ordering from a catalogue and paying someone to install and paint it I had to use the Do It Yourself approach , hence DIYmirage
after that, I just kept the name on whatever forum I went

and in case your wondering, here she is

1995 Mitsubishi mirage
front bumper grafted on from a 94 eclipse
hood scoops from a Subaru impresa
aftermarket side skirts pulled from a 97 eclipse

you get the idea

oh, and just to show you how much I like backyard car building, here is an opel I owned before that

Mine comes from the days when i owned this 71 Hemi GTX, 4 speed car.
It comes from the California personalized license plate that's still on the car, as far as i know.
Jim V.
hemi71x

Attachments

• Picture 032.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 226
Buschi340
Busch is my last name ( german spelling with "C" )
i makes it a nickname here in germany
340 the engine in my dart when i came here (6.1 HEMI now )

In the early 90's before AOL and Time Warner to get internet access one went through a local connection called a bulletin board. Local guy with a server in his garage called his backally.com. One day someone looking for me asked where's Backally Bob been, and the Backally name stuck ever since.

I have never owned any Car other than Mopar my whole life. My father was a VP in GM. I guess I was rebelling! FYI im 55 years old.

I've put over 20 thousand miles on an A body per year over the last 13 years.
It's also a driver.
Rain or shine. Don't do shows. I don't own a lawn chair.
If you see it on a trailer.......

Mine is short for "Ramcharger 426" which is what Chrysler was called the Super Stock hemi back in '64-'65.

I wanted mine to reflect my name, and my car. "Arthur James", and "68 Formula S clone". But I wanted it to be short, so that when you guys want to refer to me, or my car you didn't have to try and remember "that guy with the really long forum name". Plus you would know instantly what kind of car I had, And that it was a published clone. So I shortened it up about as far as I could.
Plus it sounded better than "ditcher"; my high-school nickname, cuz, you guessed it, a 70 Swinger 340-4spd, on G60-14s, was a really hard car to keep between the ditches, on the tire technology of the day. Well, maybe I pushed the limits more than most. I did have a lotta friends coughing up cash to go for a ride with me. Kept me in tires for a couple of years, heehee.

I've put over 20 thousand miles on an A body per year over the last 13 years.
It's also a driver.
Rain or shine. Don't do shows. I don't own a lawn chair.
If you see it on a trailer.......

DITTO!!!!!

Treblig

Walker is my last name and 434 is how many times Chuck Norris would have to punch me to take me out!

RacerHog...... Just sounded cool at the time.... I've been called allot worse..... :)
Racer-Use too
Hog - Hogan My Irish/German last name

89on35s is a throw back to an off road forum that was the first internet forum I joined. I was driving an 89 Dodge 4x4 with 35" tires. I kept it so I don't have to remember other names.

Cley

Let's see.
swies
Sean Wies
If I don't make it too complicated, I can remember it for later without loosing some other memory.
First in / First out you know.

Minercar.... Because surface and underground mining has been my career and business for the last 35 years and car is ...well... a car#-o

DartVadar is reference to my dart for the first part, and vadar is an old nickname from school.

DartVadar is reference to my dart for the first part, and vadar is an old nickname from school.

And I always thought is a "twist" on Darth Vader, all powerful (Star Wars). Either way, it's cool!!

treblig

-
Back