Forum names explained.

-
I'm building a Dart (still) and live in Orange County (SoCal)

I got a dart with one of them funny looking engines with six plugs,could also be i ben drinkin also, maybe tilting six.........................................Jeff

8" of rain per year where I live = Desert
Rat = I run around in the desert all year = DesertRat.
Been the same on all the forums I have posted to, don't have to try to remember too much that way, Hard drive is full-------------------and old----------
DR:coffee2:

Growing up my sisters were big Doogie houser fans so I got the nick name Doogie and Vlg are my initials. I have been associated with doogievlg since probably 2002.

My name is pretty easy... It comes from the reason I joined this forum, my first car was a 1975 Scamp with, surprise surprise, a slant 6. I've used this name on every forum/site I've been on since.

Ok, I'll play!! Mine is the first initials of the band I've owned since 1988, Company Of Strangers, COS, and the initials of both my kids, Genelle Irene and Ian Garrett, and our last name is Galliher, GIG!! Hence Cosgig!!!

I have a Road Runner, and a Barracuda and wanted my name to reflect my cars. So I took a part of each and combined them into Roadcuda.

I've put over 20 thousand miles on an A body per year over the last 13 years.
It's also a driver.
Rain or shine. Don't do shows. I don't own a lawn chair.
If you see it on a trailer.......

yup ...me too

I don't have a newer car so my old mopars are my only transportation. Which is awkward sometimes and glorious most of the time.

I joined as RANIDART70 ....I am still ranidart70 on FBBO and FCBO. "Rani" is my child hood nickname which means "princess" in my native language. The second part is dart 70 because at the time my 70 swinger was my favorite car.

I changed to Rainy Day Auto on march 27,2015 because its my dream to open a shop, which would be called ......you guessed it.

Its really just a dream because my location and situation makes it an uphill battle. I have managed to start a very small local mobile mechanic business but its not an official business. More of a word of mouth friend group, parking lot mechanic kind of thing.

I have always been fascinated with rain since I was a kid, the fact that water weighs 8+ pounds per gallon, yet there are tens of thousands, if not millions of gallons floating right over us........kinda freaky.

When most people say Rainy Days are gloomy, I say they are awesome and when people are having car problems in the rain .....I will be there to save the day!!!

I fell out of a tree and put out my hands to brake my fall. If I didn't do thst I would be sorehead

I just saw this thread so I hope no one is bothered that I'm resurrecting it with a new post. A rather long time ago when I was going to school to get my FAA license I took a job at a huge and fascinating used book store in Burbank Ca. The first day there Mitch, one of my coworkers, overheard me using the phonetic alphabet during a phone conversation with a customer. When I got off the phone he asked if I was ex-military. Of course I am and it turns out he was as well and had been a Cav Scout. We became fast friends and from that day on he only addressed me as Tanker. I don't recall him ever using my actual name. Shortly before finding this site I got a call from a mutual friend that Mitch was in a VA hospital with advanced cancer and likely wouldn't be with us much longer. In our many conversations since my move to Pittsburgh Mitch had never said a word about this, so I was beyond shocked at the news. I flew out to L.A. to see him the next day but was too late. He had passed away the night before I got there. He is the reason I went with Tanker.

I just saw this thread so I hope no one is bothered that I'm resurrecting it with a new post. A rather long time ago when I was going to school to get my FAA license I took a job at a huge and fascinating used book store in Burbank Ca. The first day there Mitch, one of my coworkers, overheard me using the phonetic alphabet during a phone conversation with a customer. When I got off the phone he asked if I was ex-military. Of course I am and it turns out he was as well and had been a Cav Scout. We became fast friends and from that day on he only addressed me as Tanker. I don't recall him ever using my actual name. Shortly before finding this site I got a call from a mutual friend that Mitch was in a VA hospital with advanced cancer and likely wouldn't be with us much longer. In our many conversations since my move to Pittsburgh Mitch had never said a word about this, so I was beyond shocked at the news. I flew out to L.A. to see him the next day but was too late. He had passed away the night before I got there. He is the reason I went with Tanker.
Wow, that is quite the sad story. Sorry you were not able to see Mitch before he passed.

Since you resurrected this thread from the dead, I'll do my part to try and keep it going.

Back in the late 90's to early 2000's, I raced Buick Grand Nationals. Since then, I have always had some sort of boosted vehicle, turbo or supercharged and when the internet started growing, I joined numerous forums under the name "Boosted". A little over a year ago, I found this site and when I registered, I found the user name "Boosted" was already taken so I went with -Boosted-

Cuda Al was a nickname a coworker gave me about the beginning of the internet.
I have never gone by Al, still don't.

Alan

Cuda Al was a nickname a coworker gave me about the beginning of the internet.
I have never gone by Al, still don't.

Alan
Thanks to your post I now have a certain Paul Simon song playing in my head. You can probably guess which one.

I own two 1933 Imperials, so 33IMP. 33 IMP on the B side. Don't know why I have to have two different names for one person.

Last edited:
I go by the same name on Moparts, yellowbullet, and here. I never tried to hide behind a keyboard so between my car or name if someone wants to find me I want them to be able to do so.

A lot changed in the 9 years since I last posted in this thread.

I changed it to "princess Valiant" years ago because I started an unhealthy obsession with Plymouth Valiants, so my parents started calling me "princess Valiant" after I brought home my 5th valiant. I have a 63 valiant wagon and then a bunch of 2 and 4 doors from 67 to 74. (I prefer the 4 door variety)

I use my given name here but all other forums I'm 4406V Sold the car but the memory still lives

IMGP0129.JPG

-
Back