Found 82 Cordoba drivetrain

-

73VAswngr

Reaction score
Anybody know if a 1982 Cordoba 318, transmission, and rear-end will work in my 73 Swinger? It only has 25K and is supposedly super clean. It was rear ended and was totaled by the insurance company. The owner drove it in and drove it home. The body shop said it ran perfect. It's still in the car so if you all say it fits and price is right i'll check it out. Thanks again for all the help!

The rear end is to wide. But everything else will bolt in. Though you can't use the motor mounts from the Cordobs, you'll need to swap on the older mounts if your car is equiped with them.

The tail of the Cordobas tranny has a counter weight that can be taken off. Becareful when taking it off. It is heavy. It will also get in the way of an easy time of removing the engine and tranny in one shot from the doba.

Freakin thing blackened a finger nail on me once.

Oh, speedometer cable is different in the tranny area. Swap out the housing and cable from the old car so it can be bolted onto the newwer tranny.

If the deal goes through you're going to get tired of my questions :)

I have cut one of them up before, I don't remember the counter weight though, but it has been a while.

I just realized the owner might subscribe to this website...he has a nice 75 Swinger

Maybe some of the interior would work, rich corinthian leather and all...
C

-
Back