Found a 1968 GTX 4 speed 440....Value?

-
60k for a nice Hemi seems low. I would guess 80-90 but I havent researched them lately.
I had a chance to buy a 69 RR Hemi A/T survivor with ablown rear end for 35k but it needed a resto and I had too many cars already. That was a screeming deal

Since we are talking prices, I got a blog from Hagerty Ins few days ago. They mentoned prices of Hemi E bodies has taken a healthy dive, they listed priced for good BB 70- 1 E bodies at $35-50 and same TA and AAR going higher. They did not even show the hemis in that list!!!!!!
Old timers like me, will remember when the first crash hit in '72 actually it started in '71,,, the car mags kept blowing how such and suchs hemi cuda just sold for big $ and how every man with $$$ needs to go buy him one!!!! Seems like the a mags were trying to help the hemi collectors dump their cars before the world figured out the market had crashed.

The price of the most desirable cars rise, and that also pulls the price of the lesser cars upward. Works somewhat in similar fashion when the market goes downhill!??????
I do not watch this price stuff much, the projects I buy are just considered toys, and if I were to restore one, and decide to sell, I doubt I would ever see the prices most people believe their cars are worth. And that's fine with me.

I like reality.

35K seems about right. 45-55k is the high end on a 440 car. If it were a hemi car then 55-65K, convertible even more. Of course depends on the fender tag and the numbers.
60k for a nice Hemi seems low. I would guess 80-90 but I havent researched them lately.
I had a chance to buy a 69 RR Hemi A/T survivor with ablown rear end for 35k but it needed a resto and I had too many cars already. That was a screeming deal

Early B bodies even with the hemi don't carry the same value as the 68-70 B bodies.

Since we are talking prices, I got a blog from Hagerty Ins few days ago. They mentoned prices of Hemi E bodies has taken a healthy dive, they listed priced for good BB 70- 1 E bodies at $35-50 and same TA and AAR going higher. They did not even show the hemis in that list!!!!!!
Old timers like me, will remember when the first crash hit in '72 actually it started in '71,,, the car mags kept blowing how such and suchs hemi cuda just sold for big $ and how every man with $$$ needs to go buy him one!!!! Seems like the a mags were trying to help the hemi collectors dump their cars before the world figured out the market had crashed.

The price of the most desirable cars rise, and that also pulls the price of the lesser cars upward. Works somewhat in similar fashion when the market goes downhill!??????
I do not watch this price stuff much, the projects I buy are just considered toys, and if I were to restore one, and decide to sell, I doubt I would ever see the prices most people believe their cars are worth. And that's fine with me.

I like reality.

Remember Haggerty bases their value estimates on the auction market. Doesn't take the private party sales into consideration. Based on this past weekends Barret Jackson auction the Mopar sales were seemingly flat. There was an AAR that went for 80K. Most of the Mopars I saw come across the block were resto mods. Those cars still seem to carry high value at auction.

I pay little attention to auctions but nobody ever wants to discuss private sales. I guess what I got from their Haverties" blog was prices of 60's 70's CHEVY pickups were going up and nuts (WTF??), and prices of BB E bodies were down, and they would not even talk of Hemi Cudas!! LOL
The guys that generally look at what the auction prices are, I figure , are people with a lot of $ invested in their Mopar.

These old cars have simply been my hobby for last 15 years, before that I restored qit a few car and sold many projects. It was fun back in the 80's 90's, somewhat even if market was down awhile in 90's> ( Who hit the friggin italic button!?)........
I bought a few good restored cars and project back in 2000-2004 before computer crap and stupid CL ruined a lot of our hobby. Example: a very well done (not pro) 69 383 rnner for $5000, He had advertised it in KCMo newspaper and no one would drive the 90 miles to look at it. I drove it 6 month and sold it to a farmer that drove 3 hrs to see it. That is why it is hard for me to see people now wanting to give $25000 up for a good 68-70 charger, or runner, or bee.....and the guy that paid $35000 for a 440 RT thought he stole it. WTF?????/

I get a good laugh ever time I read ads on CL. WOW what the heck kind of dope do these people smoke!?

I pay little attention to auctions but nobody ever wants to discuss private sales. I guess what I got from their Haverties" blog was prices of 60's 70's CHEVY pickups were going up and nuts (WTF??), and prices of BB E bodies were down, and they would not even talk of Hemi Cudas!! LOL
The guys that generally look at what the auction prices are, I figure , are people with a lot of $ invested in their Mopar.

These old cars have simply been my hobby for last 15 years, before that I restored qit a few car and sold many projects. It was fun back in the 80's 90's, somewhat even if market was down awhile in 90's> ( Who hit the friggin italic button!?)........
I bought a few good restored cars and project back in 2000-2004 before computer crap and stupid CL ruined a lot of our hobby. Example: a very well done (not pro) 69 383 rnner for $5000, He had advertised it in KCMo newspaper and no one would drive the 90 miles to look at it. I drove it 6 month and sold it to a farmer that drove 3 hrs to see it. That is why it is hard for me to see people now wanting to give $25000 up for a good 68-70 charger, or runner, or bee.....and the guy that paid $35000 for a 440 RT thought he stole it. WTF?????/

I get a good laugh ever time I read ads on CL. WOW what the heck kind of dope do these people smoke!?

Yeah, I agree on those trucks. They are hot right now. Dodge trucks around here are crazy as well. Even slant trucks.

I've been doing the auction for the last10 years. Sold a few cars but wouldn' buy. Get better deals from local sellers. Usually the weekend prior through the weekend of auction week prices tent to go up. Last January at the local cruise a lot of money was being thrown around by people there for the auctions buying from the locals at car show. There were some deals to be had.

I'm biased as I own a 68 Satellite and think that 68 and 69 Plymouth B bodies are the coolest cars on the planet. My two cents: buy the GTX , keep it, and sell the 65 Barracuda.:p

I'm biased as I own a 68 Satellite and think that 68 and 69 Plymouth B bodies are the coolest cars on the planet. My two cents: buy the GTX , keep it, and sell the 65 Barracuda.:p

I still say it is basically a buyers market. Just separate out all the BS CL ads, the idiots that smoke too much pot, guys with egos as big a s Rhode Island, look for the right car at the right price, and it will not likely be a POS project that does not even make it as a parts car! Bargain B Bodies are probably 65 to 67 cars, even first gen chargers too.

Early B bodies have alway been relative bargains.

I have ahd a few over the decades.. I think their prices might be falling somewhat (62-5 b bodies) due to the people that relate are getting up in age like myself. 66-7 b bodies have always been somewhat cheap. Not to mention 1 st gen, chargers.

I am looking for a 62 -5 project but as usual I have a figure in mind that a car would be worth, regardless whatever someone asks is irrelative to me.
Seems E bodies prices have softened, and so will the prices of 68-7- b bodies eventually, even the way overpriced 2 nd gen chargers, IMHO> Everything runs in cycles. The people that buy these cars, thinking the $30000 they put in that 68 charger is an investment, don't like anyone saying it.

I sold my 70 Charger SE 383 Mag pretty cheap (16k)a few years ago (my first car) but it really needed to be gone through again . I figure that by the time all was done the guy would have been in it around 40k if done right.

-
Back