Found a 73 Road Runner, have questions.

-

moparfreak77

Reaction score
My brother works for a logging company and mentioned the other day there was an old mopar in the bush. I decided to go look at it today, with my 17 month old daughter (gotta teach em young). Its a 73 Road Runner with a 4spd. I decoded the VIN and it came with a 400 from the factory. It does have an Edelbrock (i think) single plane intake with Torker 440 written on it. Question is would that intake fit on a 400 or could the motor be a 440?

If it's a P code its a 400 - U code it's a 440 or look for the machined pad on the front of the block.

...sounds like a cool car for your daughter...do you have any pics ????

I hate to say it but I might be able to get it for nothing. :) Where on the front of the block shows the CID? Where should the data plate be? On the driver's fenderwell? No pics, wasn't planning on going. But now that I saw it, I'm going back tomorrow...with camera! thanks guys.

I hate to say it but I might be able to get it for nothing. :) Where on the front of the block shows the CID? Where should the data plate be? On the driver's fenderwell? No pics, wasn't planning on going. But now that I saw it, I'm going back tomorrow...with camera! thanks guys.

Look at the top/front of the block, in front of the valley pan drivers side, for a 1"x2" flat pad. If it's got it it's a 440 and should be stamped with a letter for the year and 440. If it's a 383/400 the block will be stamped on a flat area just below the distributor.

http://www.yearone.com/updatedsinglepages/Id_info/mopar/mopar casting numbers/castingnumbers1.html

To use a 440 intake on a 400 you'd have to have the intake to head flanges machined thinner, but why would you bother when the same manifold is built and available for the 400 from Edelbrock.

Terry

And you haven't left yet?

Keep us posted and with picts too.

Went back today with the camera. It is a 440, 4 spd, 8 3/4".

PA160673.JPG

PA160675.JPG

PA160676.JPG

PA160681.JPG

74 Roadrunner was my last car,it had a 360 400 horse motor in it FAST even being a heavey weight car.You know there geting popular agian.good luck

100_0695.jpg

I had 73 400 4 spd. what a Blast. If I remember correctly 400 4speeds are rare, so what are you waiting on. GET IT!!!!

Mark

grab it just because and work on it every now and then and it will be ready for your daughter she will be the coolest person and probly the only one in school with a MOPAR or just keep it and part it do wat ever just GET IT

gotta teach your daughter how to drive a 4spd now LOl

Can you figure out who owns it? If so jump the f@#$ on it!

If you need a hand getting it, I am in Ontario as well, tell me where it is and I will get it ready for ya...really I will....really.
Nice score,,don't let it get away.
AL

Are you still sitting at home ???

Think of the possibility of selling it in 2o years and paying for at least 2 university educations for your kids with 15 years of driving on it...

I can be in that neck of the woods in 3 days with a trailor to ....help ya thats it...help you load it!
Nice car, great resto project.

Sooooo should I get it? :) I still have to get the guys phone number. Turns out the car is on the next property over from where my brother is workin. And since my brother found it first i guess he has first chance at it but I can't see that happening. I will keep you guys posted. :) The best part was when I was carrying my 17 month old over to the car yesterday she says "MOPAR!". If that doesnt put a smile on daddys face...

-
Back