Found a 73 Road Runner, have questions.

-
Go camp on the door step. Get it! You let that go and you will be kicking yourself.

Went back today with the camera. It is a 440, 4 spd, 8 3/4".

I see you already found out it's a 440. The way I tell is measure the intake bolts. about 9 1/2" from side to side on 400 ~ about 10 1/2" on 440

Old street racers knew this and made it harder to get the wool pulled over their eyes

Wonder how many 73 400 4 speed runners were built. I bought one several years ago for $1,500 with 3 flat tires, no battery, thin paint on a rust free California body and needing some interior work. Aired the tires up, installed a battery and started it up. Very healthy 400 and run great. Put about $200 in it and sold it for $3,500 after cleaning it up

Sooooo should I get it? :) I still have to get the guys phone number. Turns out the car is on the next property over from where my brother is workin. And since my brother found it first i guess he has first chance at it but I can't see that happening. I will keep you guys posted. :) The best part was when I was carrying my 17 month old over to the car yesterday she says "MOPAR!". If that doesnt put a smile on daddys face...

What do you mean "Sooooo should I get it". If you don't I'll personally cash in some of my tons of airmiles, fly out there and Kick you in your you know what. Go For it.:-D:-D:-D

And to the uninitiated, you see that 1 inch by 2 inch flat pad on the block just to the right of the distributor hold down clamp, that makes it an RB. By the way Moparfreak did you happen to see what intial was stamped on the pad just before the 440. That'll give you the year.

Terry

I want this thing bad guys believe me. Just waiting on getting the guys number. What year is G?

PA160683.JPG

I believe G440 is 1971. If you check the side of the block underneath the head on either side and you will find a date code and a part number.

G is for GO GET IT!!J/K That,s a nice find in these parts,I can,t believe it,s sitting outside in a field?Hope you can pick this one up for a song and dance and not get the old..I,m gonna restore it one day.Keep on him till it,s yours!

P.S That car should fly,being a 440,4 speed!

please for the love of mopars hop on this deal and restore this beauty.

Hopefully I can get the guys number this week. How are parts to get for a 73 RR? Not my favourite of mopars but I don't exactly hate it. I am assuming the frame is screwed, the floors do have holes in them.

-
Back