[FOUND] A-body 7-1/4 sure grip

-
It is advertised on this site too.
I say let him KEEP it. I value that like I would value
Garlic flavored toothpaste.
A punch in the face by a gay midget.
A blind mailman with a lisp.
A typewriter missing the letter E.

For a drum to drum sure grip, I don't think it's a bad price. Try to find it all and put one together for that.

Its Craigslist, not a retail store you cant bargain with.
If you want it, make the man a reasonable offer.
No reason to be mean spirited about it.

That's a good deal. They only came with ONE sure grip unit. The Dana Power Lock. VERY strong unit. One of those would make the 7.25 a pretty strong little differential.

That's my ad. If you don't like the price then make an offer!
How about a box of used toilet paper! :poke:

Yeah... Someone will want it I suppose. From here, I can maybe see a SG 7 1/4" being a step up for someone that wants extra traction in snow. Then again....Who drives these cars in the winter and snow anyway?
Maybe a resto guy will snatch it up, you know... the guy that sits in a lawn chair next to their car at car shows.
If I came across this axle in a car I parted out, I'd be doing the same as the seller. I have had stuff here that I've toted to swap meets thinking nobody would want, then find that it sells quickly.

A) It has 10" brakes, which the backing plates are unique to the 7.25, a plus if you want to go to bigger brakes w/o changing prop shaft & shock plates just to do it.
B) The Sure Grip is twice as strong as the open carrier, which usually spits the spiders out cause you've been doing 1-wheel wonder burnouts, problem solved.
C) You're not in the market, why do You care?:D
D) K-Dog be bitter! Maybe repressing a sordid shellacking by a slanty w/a 7.25, it's OK to talk...........:p

Well it's not a budget piece as far as bang for buck. I think it's more of a one of a kind type thing to be able to say you have it. I think money would be better spent on an eighth and a quarter or something like that. I'm definitely not saying it's not worth what the seller is asking. it's obvious he just needs the right person and good luck.
I guess what I'm trying to say is I bet there's not very many people who'll buy it to see how far they can push it before it breaks? When someone has that kind of money they're usually have a little more. I had $300 into my in the quarter with a Sure Grip and 355 gears.

Well it's not a budget piece as far as bang for buck. I think it's more of a one of a kind type thing to be able to say you have it. I think money would be better spent on an eighth and a quarter or something like that. I'm definitely not saying it's not worth what the seller is asking. it's obvious he just needs the right person and good luck.
I guess what I'm trying to say is I bet there's not very many people who'll buy it to see how far they can push it before it breaks? When someone has that kind of money they're usually have a little more. I had $300 into my in the quarter with a Sure Grip and 355 gears.
True. But IF one has an early A w/a ball & trunion prop shaft, there is NO OE the correct length for 8.25, and the 8.25's are all 4.5" pattern, what's that all gonna cost?

True. But IF one has an early A w/a ball & trunion prop shaft, there is NO OE the correct length for 8.25, and the 8.25's are all 4.5" pattern, what's that all gonna cost?
That would be "the right person" :thumbsup:

The biggest problem with the 7 1/4 SG is finding repair parts. The clutches, spiders, axle end gears, and cross shafts, are almost impossible to find. I have run several of them in low 13 sec drag cars without breaking them. I'm in the process of rebuilding a 5.13 SG 7 1/4 LBP rear. Took me 2 years to find a clutch kit.

what is in my 65 273/2 cuda I just sold. no doubt a good strong unit with 10 in brakes. anything over the price of scrap is "salesmanship" .. back home in Mo. IF you found on,... was worth maybe $75-100... there a complete A body rear LESS center section might bring $400, 500 tops... but that is there...

-
Back